Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.
Charge RN Critical Care (ICU) – Full Time, Days (Los Angeles)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Critical Care Charge Nurse oversees clinical functions related to the delivery of patient care, the quality of nursing practice and the standards of care for the assigned shift. Directs patient care activities by assigning staff and functions on the unit based on the Charge RN’s assessment of patient needs and the relative skills and abilities of staff, while maintaining clinical nursing practice skills and unit specific expertise. Performs professional nursing duties that incorporate the psychomotor and age appropriate cognitive skills of the patient/family/significant other to assess, plan, intervene and advocate for the patient on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care. Ensures break relief and provides break relief coverage for the shift. Troubleshoots and Resolves issues as they arise. Functions as a role model and clinical resource to staff and patients. Supervises and directs staff RNs, LVNs, and CNAs in their daily job functions and provides meaningful input for employee counseling, evaluation, scheduling and discipline.
- Oversees and coordinates the daily operations of the unit, resolving issues as they occur based on experience and judgment. Demonstrates advanced level of clinical expertise, strong leadership and collaborative skills in dealing with staff and members of the healthcare team. Completes daily assignments for staff based on their assessment of relative staff competencies, and responsibly ensures acuities are complete for all assigned patients. Provides meaningful for RN coaching, training, counseling discipline and performance assessments. Assists with employee hiring decisions, including interviewing and recommending candidates, conducting orientation, and training new employees.
- Provides continuous supervision of staff RNs, LVNs, and CNAs on the unit in provision of patient care. Provides direct patient care as needed. Responsible for providing competent input regarding administration of patient medications, including intravenous titrations, invasive and arterial lines, cardiac monitoring, ventilator management, treatments and procedures in a safe, effective and age appropriate manner that meets scope of practice and standards of nursing practice. Recognizes change in patient’s clinical conditions and responds or directs staff to respond by taking appropriate action and documenting intervention. Responsible for ensuring that Hospital patient care standards are met, including effective collaboration with the health care team to intervene and advocate as necessary. Intervenes appropriately in instances of abuse, assault or neglect, or when adequate financial or social resources are not available. Makes appropriate referrals to resolve patient issues effectively.
- In conjunction with treating physicians, develops long and short term goals consistent with treatment plans, standards of practice, and the plan of care, incorporating patient preference and discussing plan of care with patient. Appropriately assesses patient condition and directs staff to engage pain management resources and other interventions to provide pain relief. Directs and supports staff RNs in providing ongoing assessments and document the patient’s physical and psychosocial condition, as well as response to care and performs ongoing assessment and documentation as necessary to support or assist staff. Reviews patient test results, identifies critical results, communicates in a timely manner consistent with the condition of the patient, and correlates information into the plan of care. Responsible for ensuring that employees’ nursing practice is evidence-based, within scope of licensure, and compliant with Hospital-wide standards of nursing care, including core measures. Responsible for ensuring that Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance procedures are followed by staff.
- Collaborates with staff, physicians and members of the healthcare team to coordinate and manage care among other disciplines and support staff. Supervises, monitors and delegates patient care activities to appropriate members of the health care team, provides effective leadership and responsibly ensures that care is safe and of high quality. Acts as a source of information and articulately responds to questions, providing resources, guidance, and education about treatment plan, plan of care, and medications. Develops and implements accurate teaching and ongoing discharge plans.
- Empathizes with patients and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors and ensures that staff does as well, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year nursing experience required. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Understanding of patient classification and staffing requirements for the patient population required. One (1) year of previous critical care nursing experience or completion of a six (6) week critical care training course required. Demonstrated experience in a leadership role required. Prior experience as a Charge Nurse preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support and AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification preferred.
Sign On Bonus Eligibility: To be eligible for the Sign On Bonus, you must have one or more years (1+) of acute care RN hospital experience. Current Alta Hospital employees are not eligible and former Alta Hospital employees may not be eligible. The Sign on Bonus Program is only available for full-time RN positions. Bonus payments are made in increments over the course of 18 or 24 months to active employees in good standing.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/
Internal applicants not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
Keywords: RN, Charge Nurse, Registered Nurse, Nursing, ICU, Intensive Care Unit, Critical Care Unit, CCU, SD, Step Down, Critical Care, CC
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Los Angeles – 4081 East Olympic Boulevard – Los Angeles, California 90023
Reasonably expect to pay:
Min: $45.00 Max: $57.70
Union Pay Info: Non Union Position – See above for salary range (If Union Position – Please Click link to see Union Pay information)