American Equipment is the leading full-service overhead crane and hoist manufacturer and distributor in the Western U.S. The company has 17 strategic locations across the Western U.S. and ships cranes nationally. American Equipment is a comprehensive solutions provider for everything related to customers’ overhead crane and hoist needs, including new and replacement equipment, system modernizations, parts, preventative maintenance and repair services and training. American Equipment was founded in 1969 and serves thousands of customers across a variety of end markets, including light & heavy industrial, automation, mining, public utilities, government, aerospace & defense, and energy.
The Project Coordinator will interact with the company’s customers and staff by planning successful installations with Project Management team.
- Identify and create goals that lead to the successful completion of project deliverables within the allotted time.
- Understanding of the concepts, processes, and procedures required to actively coordinate production schedules.
- Ensure cranes meet customer specifications and requirements.
- Assists Project Managers with procurement. Ensures accuracy and confirms receipt of hoists, end trucks, jibs, technical equipment, non-stock materials, steel.
- Ensure availability of materials to meet production requirements and delivery commitments. Works to resolve material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Manage jobs with scheduling software.
- Coordinate on-time crane deliveries.
- Coordinate Re-submittals and job accuracy updates.
- Assist with badging requests for site access as needed.
- Coordinate installation schedule with Project Managers and field team.
- Arranges installation equipment.
- Responds quickly to field team to ensure a smooth and efficient installation.
- Interpret basic engineering instructions and drawings.
- Understand various manufacturing processes and methods.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with maturity, confidence, and respect.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills including active listening.
- Adaptability in an evolving workplace environment, while efficiently responding to new Information.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Established analytical skills, focused on the ability to identify and implement creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment while demonstrating the skills needed to effectively avoid and resolve conflict.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software.
- Time management skills.
- Planning and delegating skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience required
- Desired Education: Construction Management
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
American Equipment Holdings represents the industry’s leading manufacturers such as Detroit Hoist, Columbus McKinnon, ACCO, R&M, Demag, Gorbel, Spanco, IMS, Harrington, Conductix, Magnetek & PE, among others and customers rely on its design, engineering, fabrication and installation capabilities to meet their unique application needs. American Equipment Holdings serves local, regional and national customers across a variety of end markets, including light & heavy industrial, automotive, mining, public utilities, military, aerospace & defense and energy, among others. For more information, visit www.amquipinc.com.
Proof of right to lawfully work in the United States required.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.