By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network?
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Why Choose Us?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our team, you can help save lives every day. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding.
We are currently seeking a We are currently seeking a Full-Time -Telesales Specialist, BGST- This is a remote position and you will need to be available to work in the Eastern Standard Time Zone
The salary range for this position is $18.11-$19.92. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the work is performed. The stated salary range in this posting is an average. The specific salary information will be shared at the time of phone screening based upon your location and qualifications.
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to a Supervisor, BGST Telesales, the Business to Business Telesales Specialist is responsible for selling Full Service Training and Licensed Training Provider agreements to business customers seeking to train their employees and/or deliver Red Cross training courses to individuals inside or outside of their organization. This position will also cross-sell AEDs, AED accessories, and Red Cross Store products to business customers.
- Manage leads generated from inbound calls and web-based inquiries from business customers who are interested in Red Cross training for their employees at their location or delivering Red Cross training to individuals inside or outside of their organization.
- Convert leads into sales by acting as consultant to help business customers determine Red Cross courses that best meet their training needs.
- Develop sales quotes for training classes and provide product information to customer to answer questions to close sales
- Manage sales pipeline and follow up with customers through outbound calls and email communications to maximize the conversion of leads into sales
- Prepare inputs to sales agreements and secure signed contracts for Red Cross Training Services
- Accurately update all required information in Salesforce by following documented sales processes
- Adheres to existing guidance on obtaining appropriate approvals for all customer discounts, non-standard agreements and special handling requests.
- Cross sell AEDs and AED accessories by probing for customer needs and positioning best AED solution
- Cross sell Red Cross Retail Store Products
- Create customer relationships to secure repeat business including employee recertifications, new employee training, and training partner contract renewals
- Responsible for negotiating price discounts within established approval guidelines
- Responsible for attaining Full Service Revenue and generating Training partner Agreements
What We Need From You:
Education: High school diploma/GED certificate – higher education a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 3+ years of successful experience, in a B2B Telesales role. Knowledge of and experience in applying sales techniques.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven strong business sales skills; tele-sales experience a plus
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated people skills (good listener, able to influence, able to engage)
- intermediate computer skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar client relationship management applications.
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills and work habits (reliable and punctual)
- Skilled in time management and multi-tasking
- Ability to work in fast-paced and changing environment
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones and printers, light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and have the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
What’s In It For You?
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
Commitment to Your Health & Safety-COVID-19:
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The American Red Cross aspires to be an organization fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion by creating and maintaining a diverse, high-performing workforce of employees and volunteers who reflect all communities we serve; by cultivating a collaborative, inclusive and respectful work environment that empowers all contributors; and by leveraging diverse partnerships – all of which helps to ensure culturally competent service delivery supported by effective community leadership and engagement. The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural groups for employees and volunteers. From our Latino Resource Group, Umoja, Asian American & Pacific Islanders, and Red Cross Pride, to the Ability Network, Veterans+ and our Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights