Our client is a prestigious global asset management firm that is seeking a Senior Fund Accountant who will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for open-end funds collateralized loan obligation portfolios (CLOs), as well as reporting to clients and the portfolio group.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and maintaining the books and records of pooled private investment funds organized as limited partnerships and/or CLOs;
- Overseeing the monthly closing process for the portfolios; this includes reconciling portfolio data and calculating management fees and the accrual of expenses.
- Recording and reconciling of purchase and sale transactions;
- Accounting for complex corporate actions;
- Estimating and posting of monthly closing accruals;
- Calculating of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall based on the terms of the governing documents;
- Determining and preparing distributions and draw-downs;
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients;
- Analyzing and calculating of performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment;
- Coordinating with funds’ and CLOs’ independent auditors, custodians, and trustees;
- Reviewing and/or assisting in the preparation of a variety of ad-hoc requests from client services and the investment team.
- Ensuring compliance with key financial reporting controls and ensuring that evidentiary matter is appropriately documented to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley;
- Overseeing fund-related efficiency and automation projects;
- Performing other tasks as required.
- Minimum 3 years relevant accounting or audit experience within Big Four public accounting or a mix of public accounting and investment management industry experience;
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis;
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Geneva and/or Geneva World Investor accounting systems is a plus; and
- Experience with PowerBI, Alteryx, or other data analytical tools is a plus.