At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual!
We’re strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We’re strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they’re passionate about.
What’s the role?
As Technology Success Consultant, you will serve as a member of the Northwestern Mutual technology training staff. You will interact both with our Corporate Technology Team and the onsite leadership team, supporting the needs of local leadership, Financial Representatives (FRs) and their staff. A role priority, and top performance metric, will be your ability to drive change within your office by leading FRs and their teams to adopt new and existing digital tools into their business.
This position requires 100% onsite availability in Los Angeles, CA
Daily, you will be responsible for supporting the FRs and staff by training them on a variety of key software programs and modules. Your mission will be to provide outstanding learning opportunities so that FRs and office staff can leverage available tools to manage their business, sell products and provide support to policy owners. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing in-office group training.
- Following-up with individuals who attended group training, providing one-on-one instruction for 60 minutes.
- Delivering Sales School training. New reps attend a two-week training seminar which includes 6 to 8 hours of core technology training, which you will deliver.
- Providing Sales School training follow up. Post sales training, you will meet with individual reps once per week for the first six months to consult and refine/deepen initial training.
- Providing ongoing consulting to those who need it (i.e. spending time with someone who is having difficulty with the Customer Relationship Management software or Personal Planning tool, etc.). You will enjoy a good deal of leeway in the design and delivery of the consulting portion of your role.
Collaboration and Support
- You will partner and build relationships with the onsite leadership team in order to help drive the success of the location. Projects/needs could include: planning with FRs and prospects (attending sales calls), helping to identify prospects, helping FRs prepare for sales calls, identifying ways you can help drive success.
- Partnering with the technology training team seated throughout the U.S:
- Meeting monthly and quarterly.
- Serving as a resource; talking about local activities and outcomes.
- Sharing wins and challenges.
- Brainstorming to discover best practices.
Your Training Program
To ensure that you’re qualified to perform your role and make a strong impact, you will participate in an in-depth training program with benchmarks set over a six-week period. You will:
- Spend your first week in Milwaukee, where you’ll participate in onboarding and begin learning the software, most of which is proprietary. You will learn; Microsoft Dynamics CRM and how it is used within Northwestern Mutual, our PPA (Personal Planning Analysis), e-filing system and Document sharing tool
- Week two will be spent in the office for initial training and to discover what your client group needs and where there are gaps in your knowledge.
- The remainder of your training will take place at the Network Office. Week’s three to four you will re-engage your initial group of trainees and continue to build your skills. A member of the corporate training team will be onsite during week five, observing and continuing to help advance your knowledge. Week six will be spent testing your skills and identifying and filling any gaps.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
To be a strong fit for the Technology Success Consultant, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or progressively responsible work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience, including (concurrent or in addition to): 3+ years of program support working with professionals in financial services or a similar industry; financial services industry experience preferred. 3+ years of experience in coaching / training individuals on how to optimize their business through the use of technology is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand software technology focused on sales practices, and the ability to articulate the benefits and uses of that technology to select audiences; skill leading and facilitating groups of people.
- Skill and demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of levels and titles.
- The ability to use a consultative model when coaching / training and developing professional relationships.
- Proven ability to drive measurable improvements in an outcome-based model (i.e. prior demonstrated ability to drive percentage increase in technology adoption for sales and other positions).
- An aptitude for learning technology at a deep level to teach and assist others.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Associated topics: business, business intelligence, business systems, client, consultant, customer, information technology consultant, market, marketing, support analyst