We are looking for a Product Development Manager to join the Beard Club team.
The Manager of New Product Development will lead all aspects of formula development of new product, in-line reformulation and OTC launches within Beard Club’s product family from concept to launch.
This passionate individual will use their extensive product /technical knowledge and product development experience to drive the creation of unique and disruptive products from concept ideation to launch, working with the Brand and Operations teams.
They are responsible for executing, managing testing, compliance, and claims support, as well as driving projects/activities that improve the performance and profitability of the existing assortment.
What Is The Beard Club?
Beard Club is an e-commerce subscription club that provides high-quality grooming and beard solutions to members each month.
Established in 2015, Beard Club’s thoughtfully designed products help take the guesswork out of unnecessarily complicated beard & skincare routines streamlining so members get all of the essentials and none of the added stuff.
Quality tools, ingredients, and formulations that deliver.
It’s really that simple.
What You’ll Do?
• Create innovative product ideas that combine efficacious ingredient / technology combinations and sensorial textures to tell an exciting, authentic story .
Write formula development briefs that deliver clear communication on required claims / benefits.
• Develop formulations that are effective, innovative, align with the Beard Club equity and tell an exciting, authentic story through their technologies and ingredients.
• Work with external partners to develop formulations that exceed consumer expectations while meeting (often tight) timing and budget constraints.
Manage day to day vendor communications.
• Work with external partners to ensure products are safe and meet regulatory guidelines.
• Issue samples for standards.
• Drive formulation issues to resolution on new and existing products, utilizing development expertise.
• Research latest industry trends in technology, ingredients, product, viral / social trends and claims.
• Collaborate with the Operations team to ensure proper packaging style and materials are selected for each respective formula.
Packaging must be compliant for quality, safety and overall customer experience.
• Review / assess ingredients to ensure that marriage of formula and package meet safety and compatibility standards.
Testing and Documentation:
• Utilize extensive product testing knowledge on all aspects of product formula testing.
Provide direction on new test plan development.
• Order appropriate testing samples.
• Address issues as they arise to ensure safety and stability of new and existing product formulations.
• Manage requests tracks regulatory documentation and testing documentation.
This includes copy reviews, blacklist reviews, ingredient compliance and replacements, IL development etc.
• Be a resource to educate internally on ingredients / technologies / formulas and work with Brand to bring to life in content, advertising, claims and assets.
Assist social and customer service teams in answering consumer questions Driven Project Manager and Leader:
• Brings appropriate team members together to effectively brainstorm, plan and problem solve.
Collaborates closely with the Brand and Operations team on solving development issues.
• Utilize project management skills to ensure deadlines, launches and budgets are always met and on time.
What Are We Looking For?
• College degree minimum 4 years of product development experience.
• Solid knowledge of the beauty market and a passion for products, ingredients and how they work
• Strong understanding of regulatory affairs, compliance, and required testing within the beauty industry
• Strong project management experience
• Proven track record of attention to detail
• Highly motivated, proactive problem-solver and self-starter; capable of working independently yet collaboratively within a fast-paced environment.
• Solid problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and business acumen
• Flexible personality to take on new challenges as they come and to switch gears immediately when necessary
• Strong knowledge of MS Suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and project management platforms
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills What We Offer?
• Unlimited paid time off and holiday pay
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, effective date of hire
• Competitive pay
• Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
• Hybrid work schedule: 3 days remote/2 days in-office
• Company paid lunches on in-office days