Posting Number 00677
Title Financial Aid Counselor
Position Number PS06172
The Financial Aid Counselor will support the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships in the day-to-day processing of student financial aid (including Federal Work study and institutional aid). The primary responsibilities of this position include assisting students and families with financial aid options and processing federal, state and institutional financial aid applications in accordance with federal, state and college regulations.
- Counsels students and families on the financial aid process
- Assists in the daily operations of the office as necessary including front counter customer service, phones, mailings, data entry and retrieval, and file organization.
- Receives and reviews financial aid documents from students and families and prepares files for review and packaging.
- Assists in the administration of all Federal, State and Institutional Aid programs at the University.
- Ensures the maintenance of student financial aid records and files as they relate to the financial aid programs.
- Remains current in knowledge of and provides accurate information to students and staff related to Federal Pell Grant, Cal grants and scholarships, veterans’ programs, Federal Work-Study, scholarships, FSEOG , student loans and federal, state, and college rules and regulations related to financial aid.
- Manages time reporting for federal work-study and monitors student.
- Corresponds effectively and in a timely manner with students concerning eligibility, academic progress, and documentation requirements.
- Prepares files of student financial records and maintains accuracy of files and financial aid database.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of experience in higher education.
- One year in Financial Aid office.
- Working knowledge of processes for applying for federal, state and institutional aid.
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS and Microsoft Office (MS Windows, Word, Excel) applications.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with diverse/multi-culture faculty, students, staff and external contacts.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent proactive communication skills, ability to negotiate, make requests and provide leadership.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- COVID -19 Vaccination: As a health professions institution of higher education, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science seeks to protect the health and safety of the University community. Accordingly, CDU will require COVID -19 vaccinations for all University students, faculty, and staff subject to limited exceptions and exemptions. The University vaccine requirement has been implemented consistent with federal and state law related to medical exemptions for students, faculty, and staff. Requests for disability and religious accommodations from faculty and staff will be evaluated consistent with the law and University policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
Category Full Time
Number of Vacancies 2
Posting Detail Information
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.
Fair Chance Statement
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local “Fair Chance” laws.
Open Date 03/02/2022
Open Until Filled (overrides close date if active)
Special Instructions to Applicants