Who Is Lazy Acres Natural Market?
At Lazy Acres Natural Market, we believe in a natural approach to optimal health and wellness. From organic and seasonal produce and products steeped in tradition to functional supplements and body care, we are here to support you in mind, body, and soul.
Our friendly, informative, and passionate team members remain committed to providing exceptional service and wellness tips to our community; and accommodating the needs of our guests. We continue to live by the closely held belief that our collective actions can and will contribute to a healthier planet.
We’re committed to creating an environment that will attract the most passionate and enthusiastic people in our field. We’re always on the lookout for people inspired by health, wellness, and eating clean, and strive for excellent customer service. Our Leadership is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, offering opportunities for professional growth, education, and community involvement.
Ingredients You’ll Bring to the Table
You love food and can create an experience that is beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level of hospitality that exceeds guests’ expectations. You are warm, outgoing, authentically amazing, and want to be inspired, challenged, and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Assistant Produce Manager
Reports To: Produce Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
This is a management-in-training position. As such, all qualities needed for a manager, must also be seen as already existing or potentially in the Assistant Produce Manager. The employee will have or be willing to learn how to have the necessary confidence, commitment, and motivation to move towards success. Key personality and character traits needed to accomplish this are: patience, good listening skills, observant, perceptive, supportive, decisive, flexible, analytical, consistent, progressive, and a coach. Since this is a customer-service oriented and teacher position, the Assistant Produce Manager must be even tempered and possess excellent people skills. Due to Bristol Farms’ goals and structure, the Assistant Produce Manager should also be open to growth and expansion.
In addition, the Assistant Produce Manager must have excellent communication skills, use good judgment during unexpected situations to create a win-win situation for all parties involved, be dependable and willing to work extra hours to get the job done and be creative in merchandising and selling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Produce Manager coordinates the activities of employees in the Produce Department engaged in ordering, processing, and selling of products, as well as maintains department standards while under the supervision of the Produce Manager by performing the duties listed below (other duties may be assigned):
• Assumes all responsibilities of the Produce Clerk and Produce Shift Supervisor positions.
• Assists the Produce Manager with the ordering and receiving of products, and proper invoice routing.
• Acts as the Produce Manager on the sales floor when the Produce Manager is unavailable.
• Trains and coaches employees on procedures and tasks for department, on an on-going basis.
• Assures consistency and uniformity of work techniques and standards among department members.
• Must assist in certain computer functions and applications.
• Resolves customer complaints in such a manner to assure return business.
• Writes up industrial accidents when they occur during shift in the absence of the Produce Manager; follows proper procedure both of Bristol Farms and Cal Osha SB 198, for reporting, documenting, and investigating employee accidents.
• Serves customers with a smile and willing attitude. Assures high sales through establishing relationships with customers to ensure repeat business.
• Follows safety work standards and reports any safety hazards to Produce Manager and/or Store Director.
• Maintains department under current health codes and Bristol Farms standards on sanitation and cleanliness.
• Follows the employee handbook at all times, especially on service standards and appearance.
• At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in service, quality, and cleanliness.
Assists with the supervision of 5-25 employees in the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Bristol Farms policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; verbally rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Customer Service Skills (15 Second Service policy)
All Assistant Produce Managers are required to acknowledge and/or greet customers within the first 15 seconds of the customer’s arrival. Customers are to be greeted and/or acknowledged while waiting at a counter, or as they are passed on the sales floor. The “Seven Points to Extraordinary Service” are to be fully executed by Assistant Produce Managers at all times.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to analyze situations, think through to a solution and implement the solution.
Knowledge Of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have the ability to speak, read and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Why You’ll Love Working at Lazy Acres Natural Market
• Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
• A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth and development
• A strong training program that will build your restaurant and guest service skills
• Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
• Benefits available – Including medical, dental, vision, and 401K
• Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part time team members
• 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
• $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment