Manages the daily operations of the medical practice including personnel, financial, clerical, housekeeping, and maintenance and purchasing functions. Plans programs, allocates, and assigns duties to employees. Reviews medical records for compliance and billing requirements. Monitors activities and operations to ensure that the practice successfully meets its objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads Employees to accomplish all job objectives in line with clinic mission and vision
- Conducts one on one meetings with clinic leads to coach, mentor and to help them to establish and implement goals, objectives
- Responsible for maintaining high moral and good relations throughout the office.
- Schedules and conducts periodic office staff meetings to inform the staff of changes in the practice’s policy, to update and educate staff, and to resolve and prevent problems; prepares and retains minutes of all meetings.
- Consults with Human Resources or Administration prior to a formal counseling or dismissal of employee(s).
- Processes all paperwork in a timely manner and forwards to appropriate departments (i.e., Administration, Payroll etc.), for time off, counseling actions, and performance evaluations.
- Works with Quality Improvement Department to conducts periodic Quality Improvement activities and shares data with staff
- Conduct performance reviews. Recommends staff merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Completes and updates personnel files-ensures required forms are completed.
- Submits office staff time cards for payroll processing bimonthly-verifies accuracy and completeness of employee time.
- Approve and maintains all vacation and other days off schedules for providers and staff.
- Ensures all positions are filled with trained personnel during vacation/sick calls and fill in when needed.
- Conducts monthly audits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Manages and reviews providers’ schedule and review bins
- Works closely with the provider and Medical Director to ensure clinical and administrative goals are met
- Assists Medical Director to keep track of providers time off and to ensures coverage for patient care
- Ensures office is opened and closed daily, according to protocol.
- Oversees and distributes work activities and schedules.
- Assists in the development of clinic budget
- Maintains compliance with budget and productivity goals
- Attends monthly Operations and Leadership Meetings
- Directs operations to prepare and retain records, files, reports and correspondence according to various government and practice standards, prepares and carries out managed care audit requirements.
- Ensures consistent collection of payment at time of service.
- Oversees all handling of daily collections and prepares for transfer to accounting department.
- Manages and reconciles the petty cash
- Ensures sufficient supplies available for delivery of quality patient care – orders supplies as needed and obtains competitive bids at least annually.
- Initially sorts the daily mail and distributes appropriately.
- Monitors the duties assigned to practice personnel to ensure that employees are performing their assignments maintaining a high level of patient care and job efficiency.
- Performs other duties as directed by administrator and/or medical director to achieve desired results
- Creates dashboards for presentation and calls out issues and provides recommendations
- To advise provider(s) / staff in areas of practice and business management, to maximize patient care and service, and to direct efficient and profitable operations of the practice.
- Takes accountability for revenue generated (Profit & Loss) for the office and the group as an entity as a whole.
- Performs other duties.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of work experience, with increased responsibility, in a medical environment.
- Minimum of one year of experience supervising staff.
PAY RATE: $64,480-80k annually
Medical, Dental and Vision – 100% paid by Employer
Life Insurance and Accidental Dismemberment – 100% paid by Employer
Paid Time Off
Flexible Spending Account