Accenture Strategy. Through deep industry expertise, analytics, and insights, we empower clients to survive and thrive in the new, the now and the unknown. To stay agile in a world dominated by change, the C-suite must keep the core business running while simultaneously identifying and investing in the new. Accenture Strategy consulting enables leaders to act quickly and confidently as they pivot to the future. Known for our ability to execute at speed, we help clients determine clear, actionable paths to competitive agility by bringing them new thinking on business and technology.
A Strategy Consulting Manager with significant experience in the finance or energy industry and a focus on investment and trading. Your expertise? Using state-of-the-art quantitative analysis, analytics, and risk management techniques to help clients achieve their investment, trading, and risk management strategies. You have energy and drive in abundance, along with personal resilience, a passion for serving clients, and a love of continual learning. You have a flair for breaking down processes into logical parts and constructing crystal-clear reasoning and analyses. Communication and people skills? You’re rich in both, and you’re ready to hit the ground running in a team setting where you’re a natural at appreciating diverse perspectives and bringing out the best in people.
Accenture Trading, Investments & Optimization Strategy (ATIOS) is a growing team within Accenture that works globally to help our clients navigate commodity risk and unlock value through commodity risk management, investment advisory, and commercial optimization. We work with diverse clients across commodity value chains for industries ranging from energy to soft commodities to capital markets.
- Advise clients on the top priorities of their asset portfolios, such as corporate restructuring, capital planning, and balance-sheet optimization; and revamp their value chains based on market and industry conditions
- Provide energy consulting to help clients to navigate the energy transition through development of new, cutting-edge business models, advising on sustainability strategies and developing market outlooks
- Help commodity trading organizations set up and expand their trading and risk management activities across energy markets and other commodity value chains
- Lead project teams to shape clients’ investment/divestment transactions, and help create innovative, agile business models that help clients pivot to the New
- Lead analysis of clients’ businesses and advise them on how they can grow their product margin, boost supply certainty, and reduce price/volumetric volatility
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to craft strategies to help clients enter new markets that can boost growth.
- Strengthen relationships with clients to sustain Accenture’s profile as a long-term trusted advisor and partner.
- Lead teams in driving insights and recommendations using data models and visualization tools
- Manage junior members of the Strategy team
Travel: For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. Please note:The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Here’s What You Need:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the consulting industry or equivalent in an internal consulting role, OR a minimum of 6 years of experience working in the energy industry, commodity markets or investment banking
- A Bachelor’s degree
Bonus Points if:
- You have an MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical thinker with 2-3 years of prior experience in driving insights using statistics or data analysis
- You know how global markets work, you have a grasp of commodity trends, and you’ve worked in commodity marketing and trading
- You’ve been exposed to one or more of the following industries: energy, chemicals, soft commodities, agriculture, metals, mining, utilities, transportation, consumer goods, or capital markets
- You have experience in renewable energy, the energy transition, and sustainability
- You’re familiar with recognized strategy frameworks and techniques, and you have experience in research and data analysis, digital, analytics, and/or applied intelligence
- You’re no stranger to business case development, financial analysis, and financial statements, and you have strong quantitative skills, including familiarity with Excel/VBA and other modeling packages
- You’re a natural at leading or contributing to teams and delivering complex strategy or consulting engagements
We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what’s possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
Compensation for roles at Accenture varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience.As required by local law, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York City or Washington as set forth below andinformation on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
New York City: ($93,000-$253,000)
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.