Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles and Momofuku Goods, a line of home cooking products. Momofuku has gained world-wide recognition for its innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
Majordomo is a California restaurant from Momofuku inspired by the diverse culinary offerings of Los Angeles. It features a Chef’s counter, bar, private dining room, and heated patio with artwork by James Jean and David Choe.
The Front of House Manager will work closely with the General Manager and all members of the restaurant’s management team to
ensure the restaurant is operating according to the standards set by the executive management team and Momofuku’s corporate office. This role will be responsible for overseeing service and training FOH team members.
Momofuku managers are integral and active members of service, and are hands on from the beginning to end of the guest experience – with guests, the service team, and with the Back of House team.
COMPENSATION BAND: $25 – $25.80
At Momofuku, we value our team members and make it a priority to offer competitive compensation packages that encourage longevity with the company and long-term growth. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, 401k, employee assistance program, flexible spending account, along with gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our team members to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
- Maintain proper flow of service while upholding service standards, product quality, and cleanliness
- Perform administrative tasks including but not limited to financial reports, scheduling, facilities maintenance, and Health Department checks
- Conduct daily and on-going comprehensive education for FOH team members
- Ensure that all team members are trained and follow all safety and DOH sanitation policies and procedures
- Update all printed and digital menu materials including POS system, based on product selection and availability
- Assist in executing new restaurant initiatives and service protocols through staff training
- Interact with guests to ensure service and food quality
- Run food from kitchen to tables, as needed
- Run beverages from bar to tables, as needed
- Cultivate relationships with guests to create return business
- Support service team by troubleshooting any escalated guest issues
- Drive and support the continual development of FOH team members by upholding performance expectations, providing ongoing feedback, and offering input for regular performance reviews
- Execute FOH team member training programs as determined by GM and Momofuku Corporate Office
- Oversee daily reservations and providing support at the host stand throughout the shift
- Assist with private event inquiries and day-of event execution
- Assist in managing customer service responses and leading all guest recovery efforts including but not limited to online feedback, guest complaints, and immediate service recovery
- Master Resy and Toast POS, being able to provide assistance and/or troubleshooting
- Lead by example in properly executing all service standards and protocols
- Lead pre-shift and offer instruction to the FOH team
- Coach and mentor staff both in real-time as well as before and after service
- Become familiar with the property inside and out
- Learn how to work as an EXPO to provide coverage as needed
- Gain mastery over tableside cart service
- Minimum 2 years of restaurant management experience in a high volume, upscale to fine dining restaurant
- Valid Food Handler’s Certification
- Experience with Toast, Tripleseat, Resy strongly preferred
- Team-focused mindset and empathetic approach to collaboration
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, as well as a desire to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and resolve guest conflict
- Willing to accept guidance in a positive manner and implement the direction in a way that is productive for both you and the team
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- 2+ years of restaurant management experience in a high volume, upscale to fine dining restaurant
- Experience working with an extensive beverage program in a sales-focused role: 200+ wine labels or equivalent
- Proven ability to support all administrative tasks relating to the front of house, including but not limited to financial reports, scheduling, facilities maintenance, and Health Department checks
- Continued self-education and expansion of beverage and service knowledge, with a proven track record of converting the knowledge into full team trainings for team member education and development
- A proven track record of dependability, a continuous focus on learning and development, and a history of consistently and successfully fulfilling all role responsibilities
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 5 to 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations. The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
More detail about Majordomo part of Momofuku Restaurants, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/112695-majordomo