The Member Services Representative will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet members, prospective members and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Handle all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate needed updates to members accounts.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all exercise equipment and Black Card spa amenities.
- Ensuring restrooms are clean and sanitized, stocked and clutter free by following the routine cleaning schedule.
- Perform a comprehensive walk of all club areas; quickly fix any safety/policy issues and address cleanliness concerns.
- Customer service background preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the members expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent preferred.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Moving self in different positions, including bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, and twisting, to accomplish tasks.
Why Join Planet Fitness?
We are here to provide a unique environment in which anyone, and we mean anyone, can be comfortable. A diverse, Judgement Free Zone where a lasting, active lifestyle can be built.Our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. We seek to perfect this safe, energetic environment, where everyone feels accepted and respected. We as employees take pride in the fact that we are a non-intimidating, welcoming gym. Unlike most traditional gyms, Planet Fitness does NOT cater towards bodybuilders or power lifters,but is instead focused on general fitness. We strive to provide a comfortable atmosphere for EVERYONE in what we call the Judgement Free Zone (JFZ).
Mission StatementAt PF Supreme, weve worked hard to become one of the largest franchisee groups in Planet Fitness, the most recognizable name in the fitness industry. We strive to create a fun and respectful environment, where our team of motivated individuals can learn and grow just as quickly as our organization. Our purpose is to continuously expand the Planet Fitness brand, better the lives of our team with fulfilling career, and truly deliver the Judgement Free experience to our members. We believe by being passionate in our work and fearless in our approach, that our potential has no limits.Job Benefits include
- Free Black Card gym membership.
- Day, evening, or overnight shifts.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Discounts on merchandise sold at the club.
- Benefits including: medical, 401k, and supplemental insurance.
- Discounts on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, attractions, and much more.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.