Ten Five Hospitality is Hiring for a Sous Chef!
Job Description: The Hotel Sous Chef will work alongside Executive Sous and Director of Culinary Operations to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, catering special events, and monitoring inventory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with supervision of BOH staff including receiving and storing inventory, training new staff members, and running service.
- Assists BOH management with execution of new menu concepts: developing, testing, and costing out new menu items.
- Maintains updated and accurate recipes and costing for all dishes.
- Assists Executive Sous Chef in oversight of all methods of preparation, portion sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food and usage to minimize waste.
- Ensures cleanliness of kitchen area following OSHA and food handling guidelines at all times.
- Promotes teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with the restaurant team.
- Assists Executive Sous Chef in sourcing supplies and equipment to ensure best quality and pricing.
- Assists Executive Sous Chef in planning, assigning, and coordinating work for Line & Prep Cooks.
- Supplies recipes for, and suggesting methods and procedures for Line Cooks.
- Maintains accurate and detailed production records.
- Participates in preparing food items on the line for service.
- Assists Executive Sous Chef in recruitment of Kitchen talent.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the CDC or Executive Sous Chef.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a kitchen manager position.
- ServSafe California Managers Card required.
- Experience working in fine dining preferred.
Interested? Wed love to talk to you! We offer full medical benefits, 401k, life insurance, and unlimited PTO!
More detail about Ten Five part of Ten Five Hospitality , please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/327674-ten-five