We are looking for the best!
Come work for Chef’s Walter & Margarita Manzke and help us do something great!
We’re looking for a dedicated & highly motivated professional with a passion for food, extensive culinary experience & an innovative-growth mindset to join our team and fulfill the Sous Chef/Executive Sous Chef position at MANZKE.
We are offering full time work, great compensation, full benefits, and an opportunity to grow.
- In conjunction with the Chef, continually offer new ideas valuing innovation, quality, consistency & resourcefulness
- Maintain the standards of the restaurant with an attention to detail
Manage and audit daily labor to targeted labor budget goals– monitor and audit in times/out times, job codes.
Identify opportunities to reduce labor cost and maintain at a sustainable level in line with budget
- Make recommendations on product rotation, purchasing and pricing for food product
- Verify deliveries, overseeing accuracy of invoices and submit to business manager
- Along with Chef, document and archive recipes
- Ensure the restaurant is staffed adequately for every service including (BOH sous chefs, BOH line staff, porters, dishwashers, prep cooks)
- Oversee daily operations in coordination with management team(all BOH functions including prep team)
- Orchestrate all menu items needed for service. This includes menu changes and adjustments for guests’ dietary needs
- Take inventory on the close of every financial period through standardized inventory software
- Utilize the technological tools which are provided (i.e computers, software, & social media).
- Ensure all staff are engaged in every guest interaction with the goal of maintaining a restaurant for and by the people.
- Educate staff thoroughly so they are capable of providing pertinent knowledge to hospitably sell to our guests.
- Maintain and uphold all staff to professional appearance guidelines and standards of conduct as detailed in the handbook
- Coach and document employees in accordance with proper Human Resources practices
Food Service Standards
- Manage Back of the House staff following standards and ensuring utmost guest satisfaction.
- Manage the flow of service through communication with fellow managers, and the kitchen staff.
- Continually offer new ideas for the service of guests, Kitchen department and staff education.
- Maintain the standards of the restaurant with an attention to detail of the aesthetics
- Model the Core Values –Change, Genuine Hospitality, Exceptional Quality, & Team Work-while continually striving to infuse their meaning, relevance and impact into all aspects of your role with poise.
- Represent République and all restaurants by extension under the management of Walter & Margarita Manzke professionally through your personal appearance, communication, and respect for others and follow through.
- Demonstrate ownership of job responsibilities though focus, determination, and attention to detail with the goal of elevating the guest experience in every interaction.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge.
- Demonstrate an attitude of teamwork by working collaboratively with peers to identify positive solutions to problems or issues. Be open and receptive to changing needs and priorities.
- Take responsibility for maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly work environment. Use equipment, supplies, and other materials with a focused effort to reduce waste and increase safely.
- Welcome suggestions and new ideas as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve services.
- Anticipate and respond to owner, partner, colleague, employee, & guest needs in a respectful and timely manner.
- Strive to benefit our guests, each other, the restaurant and the overall industry into the future.
More detail about Manzke part of Sprout LA, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/380052-manzke