Hotel Figueroa’s reputation as a magnet for progressive thinkers first put it on the map nearly a century ago-and now, Chef AJ McCloud & Chef Joana Cruz’ culinary artistry keeps visitors and locals coming back in droves. Our restaurants provide an intimate retreat from the bustle of Downtown Los Angeles. Our chefs use the best locally sourced ingredients to create uniquely flavorful, ingredient-forward menus making Hotel Figueroa a sought-after destination for serious foodies. The atmosphere lends homage to the coastal lifestyle where art meets fashion amidst a serene backdrop. Our farm-to-glass cocktails enhance the dining experience and are conversation-starters themselves. Food and beverage will be accompanied by ongoing programming including eclectic poolside vibes with live musicians and performance art in an electric scene that keeps L.A.’s best and brightest buzzing into the wee hours.Sparrow is a modern coastal Italian restaurant located at Hotel Figueroa, the award-winning preserved treasure in Downtown Los Angeles. Sparrow features an expansive menu by Chef AJ McCloud and Chef Jan Claudio consisting of comforting Italian and Mediterranean classics with creative twists, offering a selection of pasta, pizzas, and other wood-fired creations that exude bold flavors and high-quality, sustainable, and organic ingredients. Its cuisines are complemented by adventurous mixology that uses fresh, seasonal ingredients, and the finest spirits to craft dynamic cocktails all rooted in the flavors of Italy. Offering a resort-like respite, Sparrow’s signature design transports guests to the enchanting southern European coast. The restaurant features a cathedral-like entryway, velvet draped arches, modern light fixtures, and the use of marble, tile insets, and wood, all contributing to the romantic Coastal Italian and Mediterranean aesthetic.
Join a high-energy team that delivers a feast for the senses on a nightly basis. We strive for excellence with an elevated sense of hospitality. We care for our team and our community.
We’re looking for high energy team players with a guest-first attitude who are eager to learn and pride themselves on providing exceptional guest experiences.
Your role as a Line Cook is extremely important to our success. Our line cooks are responsible for preparing food in a timely manner, maintaining high level of food quality and presentation, minimizing unnecessary food waste, and maintaining high levels of food safety and food preparation in alignment with the health department national standards. Let’s be honest…the guests came for the food and your role is paramount in creating exceptional guest experiences!
- Deliver a consistently high level of customer service to each guest and team member
- Ensure that food is finished simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion, and in compliance with nutrition and sanitation requirements
- Answers, reports and follows executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety guidelines including maintaining a clean and sanitary workstation, tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, saut burners, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and be proactive in anticipating and responding to the needs of team members
- Mechanical in execution uses organized steps of service to ensure order accuracy and consistency even in the busiest of times
- Ensuring that station is prepped as needed at all times to meet the business demand
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 2 years prep or line cook experience in a high volume fine dining setting and have strong knowledge in basic cooking, plating, and knife skills
- Must have night / weekend availability
- Must be able to stand for the duration of shifts
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 35 lbs
We offer opportunities for growth and development. We pride ourselves on our fast-paced culture that is supported by leaders who propel you to your full potential.