Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles; spit-roasted meats (Bāng Bar); and a growing consumer packaged goods business (Momofuku Goods). The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
Majordōmo is a California restaurant from Momofuku inspired by the diverse culinary offerings of Los Angeles. It features a Chef’s counter, bar, private dining room, and heated patio with artwork by James Jean and David Choe.
The Line Cook will be at the front lines, carrying out new developing recipes and menu items as set by the Chef. You will be responsible for presenting new dishes with precision and quality that meet our Momofuku company standards. Tasked with mastering the stations, you will also be accountable for cleanliness and, food and equipment safety knowledge.
At Momofuku, we value our team members and make it a priority to offer competitive compensation packages that encourage longevity with the company and long-term growth. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, 401k, paid time off, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and dining discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our team members to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
- Execute menu items from start to finish. This includes but is not limited to preparation of ingredients, butchery of proteins, cooking and plating of menu items
- Participating in the preparation and development of new menu items
- Hone your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skill set
- Working collaboratively with BOH staff and FOH staff
- Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Support other team members and foster a positive work environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a culinary position or a Culinary Arts degree required
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, as well as a desire to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high energy environment
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- A passion for food, exceptional work ethic and dedication
- Willing to accept guidance in a positive manner and implement the direction in a way that is productive for both you and the team
- Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- 2+ years of experience as a Line Cook, Chef de Partie, or similar role in a high volume, upscale restaurant
- Proven ability to successfully work each station
- Ability to successfully train new Line Cooks on each station
- A proven track record of dependability, a continuous focus on learning and development, and a history of consistently and successfully fulfilling all role responsibilities
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
More detail about Majordomo part of Momofuku Restaurants, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/112695-majordomo