HEAD BAKER / VIENNOISERIE
Founded in 2007, we opened our first Bottega Louie Restaurant & Patisserie in Los Angeles in 2009 to specialize in the fine dining, patisserie, cafe, bakery and gifting businesses. Bottega Louie Los Angeles became the highest grossing independent restaurant in California and has the most yelp.com reviews of any business in the United States. Our second location, opened in 2020, is in West Hollywood.
Our greatest asset and the largest contributing factor to our success, is our people. It is our responsibility to provide the opportunity for each Employee to pursue professional progress and satisfaction in their work. Because satisfying our discerning Guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together as a team and respect each other’s contribution and significance. We believe by working together to design, develop and administer the most effective systems and tools, our efforts will produce the industry’s best accessible luxury Guest experience.
Bottega Louie is presently hiring for the position of Head Baker / Viennoiserie at our pastry kitchen in Downtown, Los Angeles. In this role, a qualified applicant will be responsible for:
- The creation, production and execution of Croissants, Danish, Turnovers, Brioche, Brunettes, Cinnamon Rolls, Kouign Amann, Monkey Bread, Beignets, Zeppoli, Baguettes, Epi Bread, Pretzels, Walnut Raisin Bread, Quiche and Cookies
- Assisting the Executive Pastry Chef to oversee all operational and administrative aspects of the Pastry Kitchen and its’ staff.
- Ensuring that all bakery items are prepared to our specifications and standards in a timely manner.
- Working with the Executive Pastry Chef to review product offerings, improve product quality and develop new items on a seasonal basis.
- Improving food cost by strict adherence to recipes and procedures, minimizing waste and sourcing superior product at lower cost.
- Minimizing labor cost through efficient scheduling and monitoring of staff.
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Training, coaching and developing staff to achieve our standards of excellence on a consistent basis.
- Monitoring the performance of staff at all times through a series of checklists designed to maintain our standards of consistency and compliance.
- Creating a positive work environment through effective communication and care for our staff.
Our requirements for this position are:
- A minimum of five years of experience as a Head Baker / Viennoiserie in a world class bakery.
- The ability to produce a wide range of breads and European style pastries.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of fermentation, lamination, proofing and folding techniques.
- A knowledge of math and science as it pertains to baking and Viennoiserie production.
- Experience operating a sheeter, mixer, proofer and industrial baking ovens in addition to all bakery equipment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce bakery items to exacting specifications in a timely manner.
- The flexibility to take direction and learn from our exceptionally talented and experienced Executive Pastry Chef.
- The ability to train and develop a team of bakers.
- The ability to create recipes and builds.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The availability to arrive to work at 3:00am including weekends and holidays.
- A valid food handler’s sanitation certification
- The ability to work legally in the United States.
- The capacity to maintain a consistent pace throughout your shift to meet deadlines for product deliveries.
- The ability to sit, stand, stoop, reach and walk. Must be able to work extended periods of time on your feet and be able to lift 50 pounds.
Bottega Louie offers the following benefits:
- Industry competitive compensation
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee referral program
- World class facilities and equipment
- The opportunity to work with highly talented chefs and operators
- A positive work environment committed to the care, growth and development of our employees
If you are an exceptionally talented baking professional who meets our qualifications and is looking for a career with a quality driven, growing restaurant organization, please submit your Resume / CV for our review. Qualified applicants will be required to submit a portfolio of your work, perform a tasting and work stage as part of our hiring process. Compensation is based on experience and qualification. Bottega Louie is an equal opportunity employer and participates in e-verify.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
More detail about Bottega Louie Pastry Kitchen part of Bottega Louie, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/441102-bottega-louie-pastry-kitchen