We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
AECOM is seeking a highly talented Subcontracts Administrator II to support multiple West Region Business Lines. This is a remote/virtual position, with a preference to be based in the West Region.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow and enforce procurement related policies and procedures.
- Develop intermediate understanding of subcontracting terminology, measures, concepts, principles, and strategies.
- Foster relationships internally with stakeholders and externally with suppliers and other groups.
- Present the subcontracting and procurement process to stakeholders in an effective manner.
- Challenge the business when projects depart from basic procurement principles.
- Communicate effectively, resolve conflicts, solve problems, and make efficient and effective supply management decisions.
- Perform subcontracting and procurement functions.
- Develop understanding of procurement systems and tools.
- Prepare and solicit Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Quotation (RFQ) for all services and goods.
- Prepare and executes purchase orders and agreements.
- Negotiate deviations from company T&C and minimum insurance requirements.
- Maintain subcontract and procurement documentation.
- Contact subcontractors for timely submittal of proposals and clarifications.
- Perform competitive market analysis.
- Tabulate and evaluate subcontractor and supplier proposals.
- Develop and execute subcontracting and procurement strategies and plans.
- Achieve savings targets relative to management established benchmarks.
- Execute negotiation strategies to attain best value.
- Assist in the preparation of client approval packages prior to award.
- Review invoices and resolves discrepancies.
- Assist in the evaluation of disputes with suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus two (2) year of experience in subcontracting, procurement, or other similar function or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Understanding of contracting and procurement terminology, measures, concepts, principles, and strategies.
- Due to the nature of work, US Citizenship is required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering, construction management, economics, or similar field.3+ years of experience in subcontracting or other similar function.
- Competency to perform subcontracting and procurement functions.
- Experience in managing tactical and strategic supplier relationships.
- Previous experience working in a consulting engineering or professional services environment.
- Previous experience working in a highly matrixed global and/or Fortune 500 organization.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and practical operating skills in a multi-location, project-based industry.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment with high demand to flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement.
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to use procurement systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Due to the nature of work, US Citizenship is required.
- Relocation and/or per diem is not offered for this position.
- This position will require up to 3 weeks of training in our Austin, TX office.
- Offered rate of compensation (for California locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range is $63K – $70K annually.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, retirement benefits, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Geography OH
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: West
Career Area: Procurement & Supply Chain