We are looking for a compassionate Dental Assistant with a positive mental attitude who knows how to make our patients feel like family.
This position is for MONDAY through THURSDAY only.
We are a fun and friendly Family & Cosmetic Dentistry practice with a beautiful office conveniently located on the West Side. Dr. Ahdoot is a graduate of the world famous New York University College of Dentistry. He has been practicing since 2008 and is passionate about the art of Dentistry and healing others. Our clinical environment is supportive and focused on your personal and professional growth.
Check out how we enjoy our work! @drahdoot
Back Office Responsibilities
· Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials.
· Performs procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act.
· Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
· Readies patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
· Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
· Assembles instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for dentist’s access, suctioning, and passing instruments.
· Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
· Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies and pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
· Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations and cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
· Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
· Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
· Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
· Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
· Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
· Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Experience – Back Office
· At least one uninterrupted year of hands-on experience preferred
· Open Dental software familiarity preferred
· Exceptional communication and people skills
· Attention to detail
· Maintain positive attitude under fast-paced situations
· Highly organized
Hours and Benefits
This is a full-time position with the following hours that are subject to change:
Employer contributes 50% to medical insurance after 6 months of employment
Free in-office dental benefits for employees plus discounts for family members
Free parking in the building
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Competitive salary DOE
Exceptional growth and career advancement opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour DOE
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No nights
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Dental office experience: 1 year (Required)
- Dental assisting: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location