Meta Reality Labs is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.The Quality Assurance (QA) Lead for Dogfooding at Meta Reality Labs (RL) is a new role expected to build a first-in-class service that fuels RL’s innovation pipelines with a tight feedback loop, and ensures the delivery of high-quality software and platforms for RL’s various product lines. You’ll be responsible for building and executing large-scale beta testing programs for internal and external users, analyzing complex data, feedback and user sentiment in partnership with multiple product groups to identify improvements to our products and software. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented tech enthusiast with experience shipping great software or consumer electronics products and utilizing user insights to improve product iterations. You are methodical, a self-starter, meticulous about quality and have a user-oriented mindset.
QA Lead – Dogfooding, Meta Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Build a user-centric engineering culture that drives improvements in quality
- Implement process changes to scale testing efforts across multiple products
- Partner with internal first-party product development teams within RL to plan, develop and execute large-scale beta testing and dogfooding programs that provide coverage for multiple platforms
- Funnel learnings back to the development teams in a consistent and digestible manner to continuously improve products
- Partner with QA test teams to integrate learnings into structured test strategies and execution
- Identify, test, track and report KPI and user-experience trends over the course of the projects
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose A/B tests to discover reoccurrences
- Work with engineers and project leads to triage and prioritize issues for resolution
- Own the process of creating metrics to measure and monitor product performance
- Frequently identify significant product, organizational, and process opportunities and drive them to fruition often without explicit direction and resourcing
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience managing complex programs in large corporate environments
- 3+ years of hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across stakeholders
- 3+ years of translating user experience research and insights into product decisions and fuel ideation
- Experience going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution
- Experience building or leading a dogfooding-service for first party products
- Experience with XR: Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality or Spatial Computing technology
- Experience building a service from scratch
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .