Annual Salary: $160,000 – $255,000 (depends on experience level)
Up to 20% 401k contribution (no matching required)
Build Something to Be Proud Of.
Captivation Software has built a reputation on providing customers exactly what is needed in a timely manner. Our team of engineers take pride in what they develop and constantly innovate to provide the best solution. Captivation Software is looking for a Cloud Platform Engineer with experience in Cloud technology (AWS), Python programming skills, and a strong Linux foundation. Will significantly contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open-source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting edge Big Data / Cloud technology. As a result, the candidate will be expected to work autonomously identifying and solving problems quickly while working toward broader strategic goals set by Architects on the team. Work is performed in a hybrid role.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- The ideal candidate is a strong systems integrator with an eye for opportunity to enhance, optimize, or increase robustness of an existing code base.
- The candidate should have experience with infrastructure as code and be able to leverage modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud.
- Design and implement core architecture and capabilities for software from prototype to operational applications.
- Must currently hold a Secret or Top Secret U.S. Government security clearance therefore all candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
- 5+ years of experience in Platform Engineering or Software Development (Python or Java) with Bachelors in related field; OR 3 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
- Must have experience developing infrastructure in AWS.
- Have a solid understanding of Linux systems, hosts, networks, security, applications and proficiency in shell scripting (Shell/Bash).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to support a hybrid schedule with the local team members.
- Prior experience or familiarity with DISA’s Big Data Platform or other Big Data systems (e.g. Cloudera’s Distribution of Hadoop, Hortonworks Data Platform, MapR, etc..) is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes (or vendor flavor of Kubernetes)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Gitlab-CI, Travis-CI, etc.)
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github, Gitlab, etc.)
- Experience with puppet, ansible, maven, virtualization (ovirt, proxmox, vmware, etc)
- Annual Salary: $160,000 – $255,000 (depends on experience level)
- Up to 20% 401k contribution (no matching required)
- Above market hourly rates
- $3,000 HSA Contribution
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off (Negotiable)
- Company Paid Employee Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance / Life Insurance / Short-Term & Long-Term Disability / AD&D