Job Description: Immediate Hiring for Gold Coast Oxnard, CAParamedic OpportunitiesNow offering SIGN ON BONUS $10,000 (Full Time External Hires only)Starting annualized wage of $28.70/hour (12hr shift)Fast pace system, runs primarily ALS 911 responses Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment’s notice is at the heart of everything we do.
We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world.
We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
• Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
• Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
• Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
• Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
• Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
• Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
• Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
• Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
• Continuously maintain all required certifications.
• Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
• Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
• Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
• Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
• Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
• Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
• Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
• Discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient’s condition and to the treatment given.
• Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.MEDIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Some advanced education preferred.
• Current state Paramedic License and maintain currency.
• Possess a valid State Driver’s License.
• Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification and maintain currency.
• Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
• Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
Click Here for Full Job Description EEO Statement: Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.