The Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for the delivery of behavior specific services to assigned clients. Service activities include assistance in improving, maintaining, or restoring daily living skills, anger management and frustration tolerance skills, social skills and obtaining support resources. This position works with clinical and case management staff in the provision of comprehensive service delivery.
- Provides individual and group counseling
- In collaboration with clinical staff and clients, formulates, implements and evaluates client care objectives
- Provides crisis de-escalation
- Establishes positive, nurturing relationship with clients within professional boundaries and in accordance with agency policy
- Attends team meetings, case conferences, staff meetings, school meeting and in-service trainings
- Meets weekly with supervisor concerning client and program issues
- Maintains thorough documentation including, but not limited to, routine treatment progress reports and discharge summaries in compliance with the standards set by EMHP Policies and Procedures and in accordance with State of California standards for Med-Cal EPSDT and other funding sources
- Completes progress notes within 48 hours of session
- Work hours that are determined by the needs of clients
- Meets required productivity requirements
- Participate in peer reviews
- Participate in agency/program Performance and Quality Improvement projects
- Adhere to agency safety protocols
- Performs other duties within the specialist’s scope of practice as prescribed by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four years of experience in comparable mental health agency.
- Valid California Driver’s License and an insurable driving record
- Criminal record and health clearances
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communications skills
- Must work well under time constraints and deadlines, and have flexibility to function in a fast paced environment
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the visual, physical and technical ability to independently operate a variety of office equipment including the use of a computer.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, filing, lifting of at least 25 lbs and able to interrupt physical altercations
- Must have the ability to verbally communicate well with others.
1. Interfaces with all levels of management, staff, clients and families including other agency departments and partner agencies
Eggleston Youth Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity and drug free employer
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 – 5 years