We are looking for an Operating Room RN that will sit out of our Los Angeles clinic. This will be a full time, full-benefits, 40 hours a week position. The hours will be Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm, with an occasional weekend (7:00am-11:00am).
As an Operating Room RN, you will be preparing patients for surgery, setting up the OR, administering medications. You will also be working in PACU and following up with patients post-op. Candidates must be attentive and compassionate to patient needs, excellent communication skills, and organized to ensure the surgery runs smoothly.
- Prepare patients for surgery including starting IV, administering antibiotics as prescribed by physician, consent patients, and taking patient vital signs
- Set up OR for procedure.
- Scrub in OR and assist doctors during surgical procedures.
- Monitor and assist patients in PACU.
- Confirm post anesthesia orders.
- Place monitors on patients.
- Assess patient pain level.
- Document and record patient progress and vital signs.
- Provide patient with post-op instructions and discharge patients.
- Clean and sterilize surgical instruments.
- Clean and prep bed for next patient.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Minimum of two years OR experience
- Cognitive skills as related to the position
- Current ACLS and BLS certification
- Compliance of HIPPA requirements
- Willing to work weekends
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current nursing license, in good standing with the state licensing board
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision Plans
- Career advancement opportunities
- 15 PTO Days, increases after five years of employment
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Collaborative and family-like culture and fun teambuilding events
Diversity & Inclusivity
At our company, we serve everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, or religion. Just as we acknowledge and value the diversity of our patients, we also actively celebrate diversity within our organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment for all. We recognize that diversity among our team allows us to not only more effectively serve our patients, but also to advance innovation and opportunity within our field. We encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to apply to our employment opportunities.