PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital – Whittier, PIH Health Hospital – Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women‘s health, urgent care and emergency services.
Primary functions include working collaboratively with patient care staff to lift, turn, transfer, and reposition patients requiring assistance. Lift partners provide teaching and training functions, limited clerical duties, equipment maintenance, and other activities as directed.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of safe body mechanics preferred.
- Customer service demeanor required
- No prior experience necessary.
- Prior healthcare experience a plus.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- LA City Fire card within 6 months of employment.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation‘s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation‘s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.