Do you want to LOVE where you work and get trained to be a successful paralegal?
Jacoby & Meyers is the pre-eminent law firm protecting consumers since 1972. We are currently seeking a smart and determined litigation paralegal to join our growing team. At Jacoby & Meyers, every single employee gets to make an impact. Our values guide the way we work with each other. It’s a culture where you have the freedom to experiment and push your talents as far as they can go.
Job Title: Litigation Paralegal
Type of Position: FULL TIME
Hours: M-F 9-5pm; flexible
Location: Westwood, CA
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to and propound written discovery
- Prepare exhibit binders for mediations, arbitrations and trial
- Train and supervise legal assistants
- Meet regularly with attorneys to review files
- Calendar all dates with use of calendaring and case management software
- Draft meet and confer letters
- Schedule depositions, hearings, defense medical exams
- Strict compliance with schedule of assigned appointments
- Order, review and summarize medical records
- Retain experts and prepare expert designations
- At least 2 years of civil litigation experience
- Very well organized
- Good follow-up
- Strong communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or two to four years of related experience and/or training
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Pet Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D Coverage, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, Paid Holidays
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Accident Insurance
- Commuter Transportation Incentive
- Flexible Hours
- Fully-paid parking
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Learning and Development Programs
- Remote Positions
Jacoby & Meyers was founded in 1972 with the intention of making the legal system more accessible to the average person. Now, more than 45 years later, we continue to help people get the justice and compensation they deserve. Specializing in all types of accident claims, including automobile, motorcycle, bicycle, Uber/Lyft, or trucking accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, construction accidents and other wrongful conduct, the attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers have recovered over a billion dollars for their clients’ personal injury and wrongful death claims caused by the negligence of a third party.
Required: Resume, transcripts, pay expectation
Jacoby & Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.