We are a design and engineering firm that provides highway design engineering services to the DOT and DPW in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. As we grow we have a need for several highway design engineers at every different level, from entry to senior. The main thing is we need P.E.’s who have highway design experience . Our offices are located halfway between Baltimore and Washington, and while many people come into our offices , for the right person this can be a predominantly remote role. So, if you don’t live near here but have the experience, please apply and we will try to make it work !
What You Will Be Doing
- The design engineer will demonstrate an ability to collaboratively work with a group or independently on a wide-range of small- or large-scale multi-discipline projects for state, county, or local jurisdictions.
- Design engineers will assist with development of project plans under the guidance of project engineers and project managers. The job requires analytical thinking, adaptive problem solving, creativity, and innovation.
- Design engineers shall be dependable, open minded, focused, and attentive to details including project schedules, budgets, and design quality.
- Responsibilities include developing plans, specifications and estimates for design services including but not limited to highway design, highway drainage, concept design and analysis, horizontal and vertical geometrics, parking lots, site improvements, utilities, maintenance of traffic, signing and pavement markings, ADA, sidewalk design, bicycle facilities, etc.
What You Need for this Position
- BSCE in Civil Engineering or appropriate discipline
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE/EIT) or equivalent
- 2- 15 years of design experience in highway design
- Experience working with DOT and DPW
- Working knowledge of CADD and Microstation and associated design software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office products and GIS applications
- Ability to work well within a project team by building relationships and teamwork
- High-level of integrity, ethics, quality service, and safety
- Maintain a positive rapport with supervisor and employees
- Ability to travel to project sites
So, if you are a Highway Design Engineer with a P.E. and experience working with the DOT and the DPW either locally here in MD, or anywhere in the United States, drop me a line and apply today.
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Paul Miller
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : PMM-1663218 — in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Paul Miller – Lead Recruiter – CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.