Felsburg Holt & Ullevig (FHU) is a transportation engineering firm on a mission to connect and enhance communities. We are passionate about transportation’s power to positively impact people’s lives and bring joy and fulfillment to our employees. We are looking for Individuals to join our team that want to be a part of transforming the communities we live and work in.
If you are a motivated, ambitious engineer-in-training we welcome you to apply to join our growing Rail Services Team.
FHU has offices in SD, IA, NE however Remote work opportunities are also available and will be considered on a case-by-case basis
What You Will Be Doing
- Analyzing and designing various rail transportation infrastructure projects, such as Track or Bridge.
- Cross-train in Roadway & Roadway Bridge design.
- Participate in field observation work, when necessary, under minimal supervision.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design calculations.
- Production of design drawings using MicroStation and other CAD tools.
Salary Range – $67,000 – $90,000 Annual
Skills, education & experience you will have:
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited school. Structural emphasis is preferred.
- 1-5 years of previous civil design experience.
- Hands on use of MicroStation, AutoCAD and other applicable software common to the field of structural and/or civil engineering.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) with progress toward obtaining PE.
At FHU we seek to provide a benefits package that helps our team maintain a healthy work-life balance – a concept that is a guiding principle for us. Employees enjoy benefits including:
- Medical/RX, HSA, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability; all of which FHU contributes a significant portion towards or, for some plans, covers 100% of the premiums
- Generous Vacation and Sick leave programs
- 401(k) with employer match
- Adoption Assistance program
- Flexible schedules & Remote works options
- Professional and career development opportunities including tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
- Support of employee participation in professional and technical societies & various civic organizations.
- Reimbursement of professional certification and registration fees.
FHU Employees are encouraged to participate in a variety of internal committees which include groups such as the Technology Committee, CAD Committee, FHUlanthropy Committee and the FHUn Committee, which plans multiple events that keep energy (and bragging rights) high and helps us remain a tight-knit team. We also enjoy many opportunities to socialize at various FHU sponsored events throughout the year.