At Schneider Electric, we are redefining a new world of energy. If you have the passion to work hard, the curiosity to discover what will make your clients successful, and the ability to articulate that across multiple stakeholders then this could be the role for you. Schneider Electric is seeking to add a Business Development Leader to our Public Sector Team. The Business Development Leader will be responsible for generating new opportunities for pursuit from prospective client identification through prospecting, engagement, meeting setting and account planning. You will interact with the highest levels of decision makers and change the organizational energy footprint for years to come.
At Schneider Electric, we provide highly sustainable, comprehensive ways to reduce energy expenses and achieve and sustain better overall performance from our clients’ facilities. We are looking for executive business development professionals who love to win, work hard, are passionate, bold, relentless, inquisitive, curious, creative, and confident. We seek those that work well in a team, are problem solvers, have excellent communication, great networking abilities and superb program management skills. Is that you?
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Be an Entrepreneur and help build a business within our existing industry leading brand
- Identify and build new executive-level relationships in K12 or Local Government organizations
- Identify and qualify opportunities to create warm leads to share and collaborate with one of our Account Executives
- Attend and facilitate industry networking and professional events
- Attend and lead trade show exhibiting and lead generation
- Create lead generation campaigns to prospect and build new business
- Educate prospective clients and partners on our unique value proposition and delivery methods
- Be one of the key faces of our brand in the identified geographic and vertical market(s)
In a typical week here’s some of the things you’ll do…
- Identify customers and key stakeholders in the western U.S.
- Target, qualify, and initiate contact with executive-level prospects to develop key customer relationships to drive new opportunities
- Secure meetings for yourself and other members of the sales team
- Prepare and deliver presentations to C-Suite key stakeholders
- Lead the development of strategic and tactical plans for moving prospects to clients
- Network inside relevant vertical market and industry organizations to educate, expand prospect opportunities and promote Schneider as the industry leader
- Leverage teaming agreements and partnerships to improve understanding of customers, opportunities, and objectives
- Report prospective upcoming opportunities to Regional Vice President for resource planning
- Lead or participate in proposal content development and interview win strategy
This job might be for you if:
- You are a hardworking, high energy, creative leader with a competitive spirit
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills working with Public Sector clients and organizations
- You like to travel throughout the state or western US (20-30% travel anticipated)
- You are initiating sales of large $ volume at C-suite or equivalent for public sector clients
- You have a well-established network of clients, partners and industry colleagues
- You have creative ideas on where and how to build our brand that differentiates us from our competition
- You hold a 4-year college/university degree and a minimum of 5 years of direct sales or business development experience with demonstrated achievement of business development goals in previous work environments
Would you like to work for a company that is recognized as a trusted industry leader?
- Ranked # 1 Energy Services by Guidehouse Research.
- Ranked in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies by Ethisphere
- Annually ranked in the top 100 world’s most sustainable corporation by Corporate Knights, Inc.
The U.S. compensation range for this full-time position is $75,120.00-$112,680.00 plus uncapped commission for candidates located within the U.S. Our salary ranges are determined by reviewing roles of similar responsibility and level. Within the salary range, individual pay is determined by several factors including performance, knowledge, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Schneider Electric also offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees, inclusive of flexible work arrangements, paid family leaves, 401(k) + match, well-being programs, holidays & paid time off, military leave benefits, and more.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.