Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And thats why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference and who love to help others win. Join us.
Wilson Sportswear is a newly formed division of Wilson Sporting Goods, the number one brand in the sporting goods industry, with a mission to create beautiful, functional apparel for young athletic men and women. The Associate Merchant will be an integral part of the Product Team, working to establish and build the global business in the US, China and additional markets as we expand. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and will possess exceptional communication skills. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Merchandising Manager, define product strategies that exceed customer expectations and meet financial goals for the brand including product flow and pricing across all DTC and Wholesale channels
- Set up and maintain seasonal product data in the PLM file
- Assist with creation of product assortments (by store cluster) that optimize revenue and PGP%/GM% for the US market
- Maintain accurate regional line lists and communicate updates or changes to the cross functional partners in an ongoing and timely basis
- Partner with ecommerce to provide merchandising directives, and key story telling initiatives.
- Partner closely with production and supply chain to ensure on-time delivery of product; Track inventory and make recommendations for adjustments to inventory flow as needed
- Assess the competitive market with respect to trends, marketing & product strategy; react to ensure market leadership
- Assist with execution of seasonal buys for US stores
- Assist with creation and management of selling decks and seasonal hindsights, analyzing product performance and identify key styles/categories
- Collaborate with Design, Community and Marketing to create and execute local SMU programs, as needed
Salary Range: 80K-90K
This role requires a bachelors degree in Marketing, Merchandising or a related discipline and 1-3 years merchandising and/or merchandise planning experience with another apparel brand.
Other qualifications include:
- Previous experience in the athleisure industry preferred
- Intermediate excel proficiency required.
- Great product instincts an understanding of sports, culture and fashion and how they shape the lifestyle and clothing choices of young athletic men and women.
- Analytical thinking a balance of both qualitative and quantitative skills
- Entrepreneurship ability to work effectively in a fluid environment and willingness to wear multiple hats, as necessary
- Resourcefulness self-directed and scrappy
- Collaboration demonstrated skill in building cross-functional and cross-cultural/international relationships
- Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply sound business decisions to growing a global business
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word), as well as collaboration/ communications platforms like MS Teams.
Wilson Sporting Goods is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.