Overview: Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-class developer and manufacturer of advanced propulsion and energetics systems for customers including the U.S.
Department of Defense, NASA and other agencies and companies, both in the United States and abroad.
Our markets include space, where we provide a full range of propulsion and power systems for launch vehicles, satellites and other space vehicles; strategic missiles; missile defense; and tactical systems and armaments.
Our propulsion systems, both liquid
– and solid-fueled, have been at the heart of virtually every major U.S.
space and missile program since the dawn of the space age.
Visit our website at www.rocket.com for more information on our company, our people, and our mission.
We are currently seeking an Associate Materials & Processes Engineer to join our team in Canoga Park Los Angeles, CA.
This is an entry level position for a recent college graduate.
This position will work in the Chemistry/Metallurgy lab and will be responsible for providing materials-related/Process
– related testing support to product teams, processing development support, limited failure analysis and manufacturing process development support, as well as interface with suppliers and customers to resolve technical problems relating to material testing.
This position will also get exposure to and provide support for the Wet Chemistry lab.
What we can offer you: Inspiring Company Culture
– Our people support each other and work together to leave an indelible impact on our nation’s aerospace and defense legacy.
Read more about our culture: Careers | Aerojet Rocketdyne Rest and Relaxation
– 3 weeks of vacation annually plus 48 hour annual sick allowance.
9/80 schedule at most locations, providing for longer weekends.
Annual year end company closure, plus company paid holidays.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, and Wellness Prepare for the Future
– 401(k) with company match Professional Development
– Tuition assistance program, Employee recognition program, and Leadership development program Employee Resource Groups – Local and Enterprise employee-led volunteer groups to create community, awareness, impact, and to support a culture where everyone belongs.
Next Gen Workplace – Aerojet Rocketdyne is recognized as a top 100 Next Gen Workplace.https://resources.ripplematch.com/aerojet-rocketdyne-next-gen-workplaces Aerojet Rocketdyne has been recognized as one of America’s most trusted companies
– https://www.newsweek.com/americas-most-trusted-companies-2022 This position can be filled at this level or one higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each): Working under direct supervision and following specific, detailed instructions or established procedures, this position does the following: 75%
– Directly supporting testing, such as metallurgical lab sample cutting, mounting, polishing and evaluation, and wet chemistry titration, gas chromatography, pH/conductivity meter usage, quantitative FTIR analysis.
– Test planning and coordination.
– Engineering support.
Requirements: BS degree from an accredited educational institution in a field such as Materials Engineering, Metallurgy or equivalent Chemical/Physical science or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
A GPA of 3.2 plus is required.
Strong communication, technical presentation, teamwork, and Microsoft Office skills are required.
Specific classwork in metallurgy, polymers and composites is very desirable.
Familiarity with materials specifications and working knowledge of ASTM test procedures Hands on experience in Metallurgical lab sample preparation equipment and wet chemistry and gas chromatography equipment is a plus.
Must possess excellent “hands-on” skills.
Citizenship or status as a U.S.
Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e.
ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels.
May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat.
May also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility.
Pay range for this position:: 60,500
– 84,500 per year Note about pay range:: Pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.