Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Laboratory Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing duties related to accessioning, specimen management and data entry, cleaning duties and equipment maintenance
- Under direct and constant supervision of licensed laboratory personnel, may assist in operating automated instrumentation and testing records transcription
- Pre-analytical processes within the life cycle of the laboratory specimen: collection, packaging, shipping, receiving, processing, tracking, and archiving
- Interface with VRL Eurofins clients to resolve specimen issues
- Perform data entry into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Perform cleaning duties, equipment daily and PM maintenance and QC recording
- Assist in reagent preparation and/or aliquoting that do not require quantitative measurement (employing previously calibrated and approved automatic syringes or fix pipettes)
- Assist in automated instrument operation that does not require quantitative measurement of samples or reagents
- Maintain quality records, as required
- Perform filing and archiving of quality and testing records
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards, policies and protocols in the lab, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies
- Work closely and communicate with other lab staff to complete daily activities efficiently and contribute to team effort
- Manage issues and projects; resolve escalates issues, as appropriate
- Demonstrate superior understanding of laboratory operations
- Serve as the primary trainer for new Lab Technicians or re-training of existing Lab Technicians
- Performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies
- Supports VRL Euorfins’ business philosophy, leadership values, and ethics
- Other duties as assigned by management
The ideal candidate would possess:.
- Some laboratory experience preferred
- A high level of integrity and honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of patient, client, employee and laboratory business
- Understanding of Universal Precautions when working with potentially infectious human blood and body fluids
- Ability to read, interpret, and comply with documents such as internal SOPs, operating and maintenance instructions, and company policies
- Client service experience is a plus
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment
- Analytical thinking and communication skills
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs, with database skills and 1 year data entry experience is preferred
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Clinical Laboratory experience with specimen handling preferred
- Detail oriented & doesn’t mind repetitive tasks
- Able to lift and move items up to 15 pounds
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full time working 1st shift, Monday – Friday 10:30am – 6:30pm, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Los Angeles, California are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Please be aware that this role will require access to a site that requires COVID-19 vaccination or exemption from vaccination requirements. Prior to starting work in this position, employees must show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination or exemption from vaccination requirements. Exemptions will be granted as warranted by medical contraindications, disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.