ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Facilities Technician.
The Facilities Technician is expected to perform a wide variety of duties to maintain, repair and install equipment and physical structures. Performs minor electrical repairs, plumbing maintenance, carpentry repairs, HVAC maintenance and repairs. Supports Special Events when necessary by moving tables, chairs, bleachers and similar activities. Responds to emergency situations during and after hours.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
Pay: $35 to $39 /hour.
The pay listed is the salary range for this position. An offer will vary based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
Benefit information: ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit https://www.abm.com/abm-2022-employee-benefits-staff-management
- Repair and maintenance of restroom and breakroom plumbing fixtures.
- Clearing drains by means of plunger and hand-held auger.
- General labor, such as carrying, stacking, organizing materials used in and around the job site.
- Debris and trash removal not part of janitorial contract or scope of work.
- Repairs and cleaning of HVAC registers, radiators return grills.
- Minor repairs of furniture.
- Maintaining and/or replacing door hardware.
- Repair or replacement of Herculite doors and hardware must be performed by
- competent vendor or third party.
- Repair / replacement of venetian blinds.
- Maintenance painting in mechanical and electrical rooms.
- Touch up painting in building common areas.
- Touch up painting in tenant spaces when authorized by property management.
- General cleaning in mechanical spaces.
- General cleaning of exterior entry spaces using vacuum, mop, broom, steam cleaner / high
- pressure sprayer, and other types of cleaning devices or equipment.
- Cleaning and painting of non-operating mechanical equipment which has been shut down,
- locked out and tagged by a Journeyman Engineer in accordance with ABM Lockout / Tagout
- Miscellaneous handyman work requiring the limited use of hand tools.
- Cleaning roof drains, air vents, registers and radiators.
- Replacing lamps and cleaning light fixtures.
- Ballast replacement per ABM Lockout / Tagout polices.
- Basic Plumbing Experience
- Carpentry Experience
- HVAC (Preventative Maintenance Experience)
- Painting Experience
- Entry level Electrical Experience
- Experience with Hand tools/Power tools
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionar al gobierno federal la informacin de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted est autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
• ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
• We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
• We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
• We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.