Up to $1,000 Retention Bonus
Shift Premium may Apply
Immediately hiring! We’re looking for responsible, detailed people who are as passionate about cars as we are. Whether you have recently graduated from a tech school or worked in a manufacturing, warehouse , auto garage or auto dealership , this job might be a great fit for you ! B ecome a member of our family-friendly Avis Budget Group enterprise .
What Y ou’ll D o:
You will perform preventative maintenance functions and light repairs on our auto fleet of vehicles . This includes oil, fluid, tire changes, repairs , rotations and other basic light repairs, all in a safe manner . Depending on y our experience, you may be assigned to assist our experienced auto mechanics .
Perks You’ll Get:
- Bi-weekly hourly wage (New York and Puerto Rico: weekly wage)
- On-the-job training in to expand your automotive or mechanical abilities, help to obtain ASE Certificates
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Other Insurance
- Flexible spending account opportunity to contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Retirement benefits (401k)
- Employee discounts, including discounted car rental and discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
* Above perks may vary based on full-time/part-time status and location
What W e’re L ooking F or:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- At least 6 months auto maintenance experience (ability to acquire 1 ASE certif icate within first year)
- Comfortable working in a mechanical shop with moderate or loud noise levels
- Basic computer skills including typing, data entry
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, continuously stand, bend, reach, walk, sit and kneel frequently , enter, exit and drive vehicles
- Must be 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States
6 months auto maintenance or auto tech school degree a bonus !
Who We Are?
At Avis Budget Group, we are a team of driven individuals who perform with purpose. As a leading provider of mobility solutions, we proudly represent renowned brands such as Avis, Budget, Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With over 70 years of industry expertise and a strong presence in 180 countries with 11,000 locations, we are actively crafting the future of our field. We invite you to apply today and become part of our dynamic workforce, where you’ll discover an encouraging work environment, a group of close-knit employees, and a world of boundless opportunities within our growing enterprise.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other category protected by applicable law .
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group .
United States of America