Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai’s steadfast commitment to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and specialized care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to an increasing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of one or more laboratory research projects in a specific area of research. Assists in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents and stocking of supplies. Files and monitors documents. Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results. Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery. Observes safety standards and procedures. The Research Assistant I will be able to perform routine cellular, micro- and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, PCR, protein extraction, cell culture, Immunohistochemistry, and staining. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs a variety of routine laboratory tasks and procedures.
• Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results.
• May assist with animal husbandry.
• Maintains lab equipment and related records.
• Transports, processes and logs samples.
• Maintains computer database with relevant clinical information.
• Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization.
• Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders for lab equipment and supplies.
• Assists new students and fellows at the laboratory.
• Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery.
• Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in Science, related field required
No experience required
– Able to perform moderate lifting.
– Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
– Able to read papers and online documents.
– Able to operate standard office equipment.
– Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Research Associate I – Smidt Heart Institute (Lefer Lab)
Department: Heart Institute Operations
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$18.00 – $29.87