Czinger Vehicles Inc. is a subsidiary of Divergent and is based in Los Angeles, California. Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles and has invented a manufacturing system that combines software, additive manufacturing, and assembly technologies to radically reduce the material, energy, time and capital required to design and build vehicles.
The Czinger 21C is the first whole vehicle demonstration of that technology; a revolutionary hypercar built for the 21st century. This includes what will be the world’s most power dense production engine at the heart of it’s, state of the art, hybrid powertrain. A twin turbo 2.88 litre V8 combines with twin electric motors on the front axle, that are powered by cells that are currently used in the latest F1 hybrid systems, to deliver in excess of 1250bhp and breathtaking performance.
Complete running vehicles have been designed and built and have undergone extensive on and off-track testing and development.
Position: Software Development Engineer
The Czinger 21C is a groundbreaking 3D printed hybrid hypercar with a combined powertrain output of over 1250BHP. We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to work on the development of software functions of the Vehicle Control Unit and Body Control Unit. You will take ownership of developing software functions from concept through to production release.
What You’ll Do:
• Develop software functions for a range of controller functions, such as body control, hybrid powertrain control, thermal management, power management of HV and LV systems, diagnostics, network management
• Capture and analyze requirements. Maintain software version control
• Plan and carry out Software test activities at SIL, HIL and vehicle, including development of appropriate test assets
• Support build of prototype vehicles through the commissioning and debugging of software
• Coordinate with other controls system suppliers and partners
• Provide input into the definition of controls architecture of future Czinger vehicles
What You Have:
• Bachelor of Science in Automotive, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
• Drivers license
a)5+ Years of Automotive software development
b)5+ Years Matlab/Simulink
• Thorough understanding of powertrain and body control software functionalities, as well as Control Theory
• Understanding of automotive V-cycle engineering development process
• Proficient with Matlab/Simulink and Embedded coder. C++ experience desirable
• Able to develop and integrate new functions from requirements
• Knowledge of vehicle network systems; CAN, LIN
• Sound understanding of functional safety concepts, ideally ISO26262
• Ability to debug powertrain hardware and software issues on vehicle
• Able to plan and track own development tasks and report progress
• Can define and set up data acquisition equipment. Proficient with data acquisition tools such as Vector Canape, Canalyzer, and ETAS INCA
• Experience with UDS protocols, End of Line testing, and Flashing procedures
• Understanding of vehicle emissions and OBD regulations is desirable
• Experience with New Eagle Raptor toolchain desirable
• Able to work autonomously and as part of a team. Can collaborate cross-functionally and with external partners
• Has a solution orientated approach and takes ownership of given responsibilities
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer
Czinger Vehicles Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.