Maritime Undersea Senior Communications Network Systems Design Engineer-BOEING
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing’s Maritime Undersea (MU) business is seeking a Senior Communications and Network System Design & Analysis Engineer (Level 4) in Herndon, VA. Maritime Undersea (MU)’s Network Communications Solutions Program is a growing business focused on delivering complex communications solutions! Join our Boeing team to help be part of this exiting business area!We are looking for a senior engineer to help lead an engineering team and work with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements; lead and coordinate work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications; lead work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. This individual will oversee the team that monitors suppliers’ performances to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements, solve problems and provide other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. This individual will research technology advances for potential application to company business needs and make recommendations for technology investments.Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing engineering solutions for satellite networks, systems and electronic components and systems installation, operations and maintenance including system communications analysis and RF design and analysis.
- Responsible for leading a cross-functional team to progress products through the entire lifecycle of a satellite communications network.
- Collaborate with the Chief Engineer, technical experts, customers, and provide technical support to suppliers.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities, including a combination of traditional design engineering, collaboration with cross-functional peers, leading and mentoring others, presenting technical challenges and solutions to leadership and providing Technical Supplier Management (TSM.)
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
Security Clearance:This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation, Post Start, is required.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experience in SATCOM communications, networking, antennas, and subsystem components including frequency converters, modems, low noise amplifiers/blocks, and high-power amplifiers.
- Experience in radio frequency compatibility and multi-discipline integrating issues applicable to communications and network systems, including primary characteristics such as physical and functional interfaces, communications reliability, link availability, and environmental constraints
- Experience in network analysis and communications systems signal analysis using network, spectrum and circuit analysis tools
- Experience leading work with customers and leading a highly skilled team in testing and validation of system designs to ensure they meet operational and functional requirements
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience generating and analyzing RF link budgets.
- Experience in antenna design/modeling and performance validation.
- Experience with Communication & Network System standards and requirements
Typical Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift:This position is for 1st shift.At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities. The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations. Summary pay range: $128,350 – $173,650
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.