Annual Salary: $150,000 – $265,000 (depending on experience level)
Build Something to Be Proud Of.
Captivation Software has built a reputation on providing customers exactly what is needed in a timely manner. Our team of engineers take pride in what they develop and constantly innovate to provide the best solution. Captivation Software is looking for a DevOps Engineer with prior experience with Big Data Solutions, Cloud technology, and strong working knowledge of Linux. Passionate about the concept of infrastructure as code and leverages modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud. Work is performed in a hybrid environment with a great team.
- The ideal candidate believes in exploring alternatives and quickly prototyping to validate hypothetical architectures or solutions.
- Will significantly contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting edge Big Data/Cloud technology. Design, implement, and maintain core architecture and capabilities for software from prototype to operational applications.
- Must understand software engineering fundamentals, OO programming, relational and time series databases, scripting knowledge and a basic level of development operations (DevOps) skill set.
- A current Secret level security clearance is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. Can consider candidates with a TS or higher clearance as well.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering or Software Development (Java preferred) and Bachelors in related field; or 3 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a hybrid environment.
- Must have experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with AWS is highly desired.
- Prior experience or familiarity with Unified Platform (UP) Big Data Platform (formerly owned by DISA) is a plus.
- Data parsing/transforming techniques to include JSON, XML, CSV formats.
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, YouTrack, etc.)
- Annual Salary: $150,000 – $265,000 (depending on experience level)
- Up to 20% 401k contribution (no matching required)
- Above market hourly rates
- $3,000 HSA Contribution
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Employee Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance / Life Insurance / Short-Term & Long-Term Disability / AD&D