Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Med Surg – Full Time, Days (Los Angeles)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse performs a wide variety of patient care activities under the direction of registered nursing personnel. Nursing duties include participating in the planning of patient care, assisting with examinations, procedures and treatments, administering medications within scope of practice, and following medication management per policy. Duties also include assisting with ADL’s, taking of patients’ vital signs, and recording results on patients’ charts.
- Administers patient medications, including basic IV management, within scope of practice, and participates in treatments and procedures in a safe, effective and age appropriate manner. Recognizes changes in patient conditions, taking appropriate action and documenting intervention. Uses knowledge of aseptic techniques in performance of treatments, such as sterile dressing, irrigation, and cauterizations. Effectively collaborates with the health care team to intervene, and advocate for the safety of the patient, as necessary.
- Assists patient with hygiene, elimination, routine skin care, comfort measures and other Activities of Daily Living (ADL), in consideration of patient age, gender, culture and stated preferences, maintaining patient privacy and respect at all times. Maintains a clean & safe environment. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Performs assigned nursing duties for the safety, comfort and well-being of patients. Accurately measures and records vital signs. Assists with patient care activities including specimen collection, turning and positioning, and patient transportation. Documents all activities as required.
- Empathizes with patient, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, or ethnic background. Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out relationships with the patient, patients’ support system and healthcare team. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making.
- Participates in planning, implementing and evaluating patient care, under the direct supervision of an RN/Physician. Participates in the development of long and short term goals consistent with treatment plans, standards of practice, and the plan of care. Consistently ensures nursing practice is within scope of licensure and compliant with hospital wide standards of nursing care.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Vocational Nursing or its equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. One (1) year of previous experience in a related setting preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Vocational Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support and IV Certification required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (Foothill Only) preferred. AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred.
Sign On Bonus Eligibility: To be eligible for the Sign On Bonus, you must have one or more years (1+) of acute care LVN hospital experience. Current Alta Hospital employees are not eligible and former Alta Hospital employees may not be eligible. The Sign on Bonus Program is only available for full-time LVN positions. Bonus payments are made in increments over the course of 12 months to active employees in good standing.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: LVN, Nursing, LPT. Vocation, Vocational, Allied Health
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Los Angeles – 4081 East Olympic Boulevard – Los Angeles, California 90023
Reasonably expect to pay:
Min: $24.40 Max: $33.60
Union Pay Info: Non Union Position – See above for salary range (If Union Position – Please Click link to see Union Pay information)