Ameris Bank is a purpose-driven company, dedicated to bringing financial peace of mind to communities, one person at a time. Whether a customer wants to grow their business, buy a home, or feel confident in their retirement plan, they have a partner in Ameris Bank. We serve customers in our locations across the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and nationwide through our extensive digital offerings and mobile app.
Delivering financial peace of mind starts with a team that values integrity and rewards ingenuity. At Ameris, you ll find teammates who are inclusive, collaborative problem-solvers who go the extra mile to support one another and to meet every customer s needs. When teammates are empowered and bring their diverse perspectives to the table, we create the best possible outcomes for our customers. At Ameris, we know that a growth mindset is key for high performance and fosters an environment that prioritizes continuous improvement. Teammates have access to Employee Resource Groups that serve as advocates and allies as well as professional development opportunities to drive ongoing education. Learn more about our purpose and how you can bring it to life as an Ameris Bank teammate.
The USPF Customer Service Specialist will communicate effectively and professionally by phone and e-mail with Insurance Agents and Brokers, as well as Insureds. The USPF Customer Service Specialist will work by phone and email to resolve questions or concerns, as well as achieve targets regarding call volume, quality and other performance targets. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Answers inbound customer service calls.
- Enters payments from agents and insureds.
- Responds to email received on individual as well as customer service group email account.
- Assists in opening, sorting and delivering mail.
- Scans documents to the imaging system, as necessary.
- Communicates with insurance agents regarding the status of transactions within their portfolio.
- Communicates with insureds regarding the status of their loans to attempt to prevent policies from canceling.
- Follows up with insurance companies, general agencies, agents, and insureds regarding potentially outdated address, phone, fax, or email information.
- Refers unresolved customer grievances to team lead and/or designated departments for further investigation in order to be resolved.
- Updates policy number information and tracks assigned risk worker s comp carriers.
- Keep records of customer interactions recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken in FinancePro.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively interpret data and analyze problems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with people of all skill levels and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to comprehend policies, procedures, documents and guidelines
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred
Industry and Work Experience:
- 1+ years customer service experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor s Degree preferred
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Associated topics: answer, call, call center, client, customer care, customer order, support specialist, telephone, telephone activation specialist, trouble resolution