Desktop Support Analyst New Corporate Services LOS0000M3Requisition A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world.
Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground-breaking global projects.
We have an ambitious commitment to be the digital leader in the built environment and have digital teams and experts all over the world, who collaborate on world-leading software, data and technology projects and products.
Being a global team means we value people with diverse experiences, backgrounds, specialisms and skills.
Our Digital Technology team are proud winners of the IT Team of the Year for 2021 at the Chartered Institute of ITs UK IT Industry Awards.
The role Were looking for an IT support analyst to be the front-door to technology services to the rest of the organization.
You will help to increase business productivity by taking a customer-focused, proactive and collaborative approach to anticipating and resolving technology issues.
You will provide support and technical expertise to a range of issues relating to hardware, software, peripherals and projects.
Working under the guidance of the local service lead, you will be part of a larger team that provides customer-focused digital services to Arup globally.
This is a full time, level 2 support role in a typical IT support infrastructure, with a business-focused mindset.
We provide opportunities for all our people to develop their skills, along with challenging and innovative work in an environment that allows individuals to flourish.
We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating.
One that promotes self-discovery and allows people time to be creative.
I enjoy the variety of my role
– no two days are the same.
One day I might be reassuring a nervous presenter minutes before they present to hundreds of colleagues via a live stream.
The next day I might be trying to fix a laptop remotely with a colleague who has a looming deadline or showing them how to get the most out of the latest digital tools.
– Caitlin, Brisbane You should apply if: You are passionate about helping people get the most out of technology You are excited by the opportunity to learn new things You value career progression and are open to new opportunities Responsibilities of the role include: Acting as client liaison for all Digital Technology-related requests from staff, being first line of engagement to understand and address issues and needs around desktop (Windows, O365 etc.) and infrastructure (compute, storage, network, cloud services, enterprise systems, cybersecurity, etc.), engaging and escalating to other Digital Technology teams as needed Providing value added services to the business, working together with the leadership team to drive technology and help transform business activities Configuring, deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecoms equipment Solving complex problems associated with hardware (PCs, Macs, mobile, etc.), software, and services (video conferencing, remote access, etc.) determining the source of problems and classifying their level, priority and nature.
When appropriate, escalating or routing them to the appropriate team Helping with a range of office-based technology needs installations, moves, changes, etc.
that involve staff requirements and infrastructure needs, working collaboratively with other DT service teams Responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to an agreed service level Documenting procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions Following ITIL/Service Management policies and procedures Helping the software asset management team to maintain applications (license management and version control) Helping with communications and training around technical change Playing an active part in our team: helping to build an inclusive environment, sharing your knowledge and promoting best technology practices with colleagues Some of the technology you could expect to support includes: Personal computing (HP, Mac, etc.) Mobile computing (iPhone, iPad, Samsung etc.
depending on office or regional policy) Microsoft Windows Operating System, Mac OSx (limited) Microsoft 365 and associated services (i.e.
OneDrive for Business, MS Teams, etc.) Cloud based solutions (Azure, AWS, etc.) Video conferencing hardware/software based on global standards Office printers and copiers (these vary depending on office or regional policy) Pleasedont be discouraged if you dont meet every point below if you meetmost andare strongly motivated by the role and willing to learn, we are still interested in hearing from you.
Requirements and skills Essential skills and knowledge: Some experience working in a regional or global organisation providing desktop support services in a Microsoft environment Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn, you should have a proven track record of developing your technical knowledge and applying new skills in a high paced environment Good analytical skills, with ability to solve complex problems and openness in sharing your knowledge and thinking with others Experience of ServiceNow or similar IT service management systems Some experience working in a professional services organisation Desirable: Familiarity with MS Teams and O365 Familiarity with technical software solutions from Autodesk, Bentley, Trimble, etc Familiarity with software solutions from Adobe, Bluebeam, Cisco, Symantec, etc Required behaviours: Collaborative, consultative and effective in a consensus-based decision-making culture High energy, motivated, open-minded and willing to embrace innovation and new technology Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicating to all levels within an organization Self-starter who takes initiative to work and develop holistic solutions Continually exercises critical thought and judgment to determine the most appropriate action Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with representatives from various organisational offices and levels Strong attention to detail Education Technical certification in Information Technology is desirable Rewards & Benefits At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families.
These are 100% paid for by Arup expect for optional life insurance.
These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal.
Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm.
As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our GRRSP 5% company match to help you save for your future.
– We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people.
Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
– Arup requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The successful applicant will, therefore, be required, as a condition of employment, to provide Arup with satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to legally-required accommodation required under applicable human rights legislation.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, provincial and local requirements, will consider requests for accommodation based on disability or creed/religion (e.g., sincerely held religious beliefs) where it is able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at americasbenefitsarup.com.
No agencies please Stay safe online
– Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process Previous Job Searches My Profile Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
My Submissions Track your opportunities.
Similar Listings Americas Region Los Angeles, California, United States Digital Technology Requisition :LOS0000LB Arup Careers.
All rights reserved.