I. Job Purpose and Core Tasks
The Sr. Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will serve as a business partner to KARL STORZ US leadership team and will help drive the company’s financial vision, direction, guidance, and compliance to support successful company operations.
This position will be responsible for weekly and monthly internal reporting provided to senior management (compiling the analytics and presentation of key business trends); reporting of business segment profitability and key performance indicators; and overseeing the reporting applications used by the Finance team, working to enhance the Finance team’s overall efficiency.
The position will be accountable for producing timely, accurate, and reliable reporting to all key stakeholders that will improve timeliness of decision making and help drive improved financial performance. The incumbent will be measured by how much value s/he has created.
- Provide visibility and predictability to the organization through accurate and timely financial planning and reporting.
- Prepare monthly Business Review package for senior management:
- Comparison of results vs. budget and prior year (current period and YTD)
- Consolidated results and segment level results
- Coordination and preparation of regional & territory business updates, including profitability and key performance indicators
- Analyze sales information, provide insight and report on key performance indicators to management, strategic partners and other stakeholders on business drivers to guide decision making processes with clear messaging
- Coordinate with other members of FP&A and commercial/operational groups to deliver timely and substantive materials
- Lead application enhancements: work with FP&A team, external consultants, and accounting as necessary to build out segment and customer profitability
- Ensure message throughout materials is consistent and well presented
- Automate reporting where applicable and enhance overall efficiency of FP&A’s productivity
- Develop, manage and consolidate dashboard reports for senior management:
- Create financial dashboards that enable comparisons and insight at summary and detailed levels for different audiences across internal stakeholders, regions and product lines
- Consolidate information from commercial and operations teams and ensure consistent message.
- Prepare management write-up for CFO with key action items for management attention
- Provide leadership to the finance department, including staff development and succession planning.
- Drive continuous improvement in all financial processes, with a focus on developing a world-class team, leveraging technology and staffing resources.
- Control operations to budget through timely and accurate monthly departmental financial results and analyses.
II. Minimum Knowledge, Education and Skill Requirements
Minimum years of relevant work experience:
- A minimum of 15 years of financial planning or financial analytics and reporting, or budgeting
- 10+ years of management experience
Minimum education, certifications and/or credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a major in Accounting or Finance
- MBA/CPA or advanced degree in Finance preferred.
Minimum hard skill requirements (including computer and application proficiency):
- Exceptional presentation and writing skills and be able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results, and strategy.
Minimum soft skill requirements:
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Must have proven competence in data mining, analysis, and modeling capabilities, advanced Excel (including building sustainable financial models utilizing Pivot tables and V-lookups and strong PowerPoint skills)
- Must possess excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to think creatively.
- Ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, accurate and inquisitive.
- Must work well in a team-oriented, dynamic and matrix environment.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Has leadership capability to manage a team including coaching and development skills (ability to motivate, develop and retain high-potential talent)
- Strong leadership experience across all financial disciplines with an emphasis on operational finance, planning and analysis.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills and be able to explain complex financial issues to all levels.
- The successful candidate will be highly analytical, technically proficient, operationally and business savvy, a strategic and independent thinker, and a confident financial management leader.
- A team player by nature, this individual must possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with that of the company.
- Great people development skills (ability to motivate, recruit, develop and retain high-potential people) are essential.
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! – Tuition pre-imbursement
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a child.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these requirements.
The pay range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a specific team member’s base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several factors will be considered including such things as location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted for the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in Contact