MONARCH LANDSCAPE COMPANIES
Monarch Landscape Companies is a family of successful landscape brands in five states across the central and western United States. We are a values-based learning organization committed to being the best place to work as a landscape professional. At Monarch Landscape Companies, your achievements determine your rewards, your abilities define your success, and your professionalism leads to autonomy.
SUMMARY: The Business Analyst – FP&A will be responsible for providing analysis and support for finance and operations. This position will work with key decision-makers throughout the company and share insights and recommendations with all levels of the business, including to the CEO, COO, and CFO. This person will heavily leverage company data to develop and support company and department level KPIs. This role will have the opportunity to support key projects in operations, sales, and an array of internal stakeholders. The business analyst will lead integrated analysis to influence value accretive decisions, be involved in the planning and forecasting processes, cost control/budget planning, and assist in defining and implementing source strategies that drive P&L value for top spending areas. The essential functions of this role will be assisting in identifying pockets of growth opportunities and reducing operating costs, supporting quarterly forecast, close, annual operating plan, maximizing spend analytics tools, market intelligence, and existing vendor agreements to build and maintain of a pipeline of P&L opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- 5-7 years in a progressive FP&A position, preferably with expertise in supporting a growing ERP technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent self-starter, attention to detail, strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to bring fresh perspective to existing processes or materials
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constant pivots
- Evaluate and assist in the successful delivery of ERP projects, providing business value, streamlined processes, and efficiencies.
- Develop and gain deep business understanding of financial drivers and levers that impact P&L.
- Serve as a liaison between business operations and IT professionals to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement, and implementation of strategies.
- Create monthly reports on overall performance and targets achieved; focusing on areas of improvement and providing recommendations accordingly
- Identify and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
- Refine forecasting methodology across functional business lines.
- Build and refine financial models to support project-based initiatives related to process improvements.
- Assist in consolidation of total company results across functional business lines for quarterly and annual planning.
- Prepare and present analyses, forecasts and reports to senior business and financial leaders to support decision making.
- Execute ad hoc reporting and analyses that include a financial, ROI, or profitability component.
- Coordinate cross-functionally with the various business units including Maintenance and Construction.
- Communicate regularly with business stakeholders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constantly required to talk, hear, see, sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to see at close vision, distant vision, peripherally, have depth perception and have the ability to adjust focus
- Frequent use of hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constantly required to use computer-based systems
- Frequently sits for long periods of time in office environment
- Approximately 10%-25% required travel
At Monarch, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage, and retain top talent. Elements of our Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
Monarch also provides eligible employees with an array of additional benefits, including:
- The opportunity to enroll in a variety of healthcare benefit programs, including medical, dental, and vision plan options; flexible spending accounts; retirement savings plans; term life/ad&d; and a number of supplemental insurances
- Company Provided Life/AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 3 Days Paid Bereavement
- 5 Days Paid Jury Duty
- Employee Equity Program
- Paid Time Off Starting at 2 weeks per year
- Sick Pay in accordance with applicable state or local ordinance
- On-Demand Pay Through A Partnership with DailyPay
- Referral Bonuses Programs
- Gym Membership and Mobile Carrier Discounts
- Education Assistance
- Best-in-Class Learning Management System
- Career Advancement Opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as position, tenure, geographic location, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is provided in compliance with state specific laws. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations, and therefore may be different in other locations or operating divisions.
Pay range: $115,000- $150,000
Monarch Landscape Companies is an EEO and E-Verify participating employer.