Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for a Vice President in our Los Angeles office on our Strategy & Crisis Team. This role will support a variety of clients in issues management, public affairs, entertainment, healthcare, etc. It’s yours if you are passionate about your work and are cool and calm under pressure. You know how to jump in and determine the best step forward during rapid response situations just as well as setting long-term strategics communications plans. We are looking for someone who wakes up every day checking everything from POLITICO, The WashingtonPost,Variety, to the Los Angeles Times.
As a member of our senior leadership team, our Vice President will provide smart strategic counsel to clients, not to mention lead a team.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited about contributing to our growing practice.
- Developing and executing comprehensive crisis communications strategies.
- Handling rapid response situations including both managing clients, developing appropriate strategy, and engaging directly with press.
- Managing complex client issues and will see the client through stressful situations that will required thoughtful counsel.
- Creating preemptive strategies and crisis scenario planning for clients.
- Leading client accounts and conducting media trainings for Sunshine Sachs clients, top executives and public figures.
- Leading new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of crisis & strategy, PR, media relations, and overall work approach.
- Considered a thought-leader for the agency and clients.
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least ten years working in PR, specific experience in political campaigns, government, entertainment, legal affairs, finance, or regulatory matters.
- You’ve managed a team with direct oversight for at least 5 years.
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick.
- You believe yourself to be excellent at pitching new business – confidence is key!
- You have established press contacts
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability
- You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You demonstrate strong decision-making abilities and accountability
- You are innately curios and have an entrepreneurial spirit
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you’re looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.