I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Supervisor, SOES will be the liaison between the account and KARL STORZ. Daily collaboration and communication with stakeholders throughout the process is an important requirement for long-term success. This role requires a very active, present leadership style to ensure rapid and knowledgeable responses to daily needs. Day-to-day team leadership and delegation of tasks are crucial to ensure efficient and effective workflow. Adaptability is key to successfully performing in the fast-paced, ever-changing environment of the main operating room, clinics as applicable, and sterile processing departments.
II. MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- An Associate’s or bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- CRCST or CST strongly preferred
- 3-4 years of supervisory experience is strongly preferred, preferably in a hospital-related environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead, develop, train, coach, evaluate, communicate, and discipline individual staff members as necessary
- Public speaking experience is strongly preferred; one must be comfortable presenting data/metrics to various levels within the organization
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams)
- Knowledge of and experience in a surgically related field, such as surgical technology, sterile processing technology, endoscopy technology, medical equipment maintenance, medical device service and support, or nursing.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on process improvement and efficiency gains.
III. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Position requires constant and varying degrees of movement including standing, sitting, bending, walking, reaching, grabbing, packing, lifting, pulling, and pushing
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 25lbs
- Must be able to occasionally lift between 30-75lbs as needed with assistance
- Travel requirement: 10%
IV. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effective team management includes the following:
- Manage and develop direct reports, including a Team Lead and 6-12 SOESs, including personnel and performance management
- Complete and communicate annual performance reviews
- Conflict management
- Assist Regional Management and Human Resources in employee recruitment, hiring, training, discipline, and terminations
- Monthly 1 on 1 rounding with internal team members
- On-boarding and on-the-job training for new team members
- Develop project initiatives and delegate as necessary
- Administrative duties include the following:
- Scheduling and supporting daily & on-call schedules
- Supplement team coverage as needed
- Kronos timekeeping and approvals
- Monthly verification of team education and competency compliance and credentialling that meets both customer and KARL STORZ requirements
- Ensure team expenses are approved and submitted on time
- Comprehensive data collection, integrity verification, and analysis
- Instrument/equipment repair management and cost mitigation
- Monitor and mitigate overtime and send monthly reports to management
- Create and present bi-monthly account presentations for internal stakeholders
- Develop quarterly business reviews and present to account administration
- Procedural volume, reporting, and accuracy verification
- Assist with new account launches and training for other territories
- Account responsibilities:
- Represent KARL STORZ in a professional manner consistent with core values
- Maintain a strong working relationship with account personnel as the main point of contact for hospital management in varying departments and KARL STORZ
- Work with key account stakeholders to ensure goal alignment
- Foster collaboration between external vendors and KARL STORZ
- Operational coverage & management for the main operating room, SPD, and any other departments covered by ProMISe1
- Process improvement (Kaizen) initiatives
- Monthly account-specific reports
- Distribute, collect, and analyze customer surveys
- Perform in-service education for hospital staff on KARL STORZ-covered products
- Creation and submission of weekly reports for the account that covers case volume and repairs
- Planning, management, and response during unforeseen disasters (natural and unnatural)
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! – Tuition pre-imbursement
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a child.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these requirements.
The pay range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a specific team member’s base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several factors will be considered including such things as location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted for the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in Contact