We are looking for a Senior Design Manager – A/E Services for a position on a school district bond modernization program.
- Manages multiple projects with particular emphasis on seismic, critical repair and retrofit projects.
- Manages and supervises a team of design professionals and other professionals through the design review process.
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the District’s design process for the A&E services to ensure that design plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements.
- Manages multiple projects, including engineering repair and critical repair, through interaction with Architects, consultants, and District personnel to ensure timely completion of these projects.
- Oversees the building design process to ensure compliance with District’s standards and guidelines for the District by working with design professionals and various District administrators to ensure that new and modernized structures meet both educational and building standards requirements.
- Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms’ qualifications and ability to meet performance standards.
- Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, sites, schedules, and budgets for each project.
- Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for each project.
- Provides maximum value for dollars budgeted, and are appropriate and enduring to meet the functional needs of the District, the local community, and the environment.
- Reviews design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget.
- Monitors project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations and updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 14 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities.
- 4 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies.
- With excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- A master’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
PREFERRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California State Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
SALARY: $148,000 – $170,000 per year
BENEFITS: Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, vacation, sick-time, 401k plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Monster.