Note: Compensation will vary based on candidate experience
Tides Equities is a leading commercial real estate investment company specializing in acquiring and operating well-located Class B value-add and core plus multifamily real estate. As one of the fastest growing multifamily firms in the country, Tides Equities’ success stems from our ability to execute at a higher level than the rest of the market, and any addition to the team will be expected to make a positive impact almost immediately after hiring. The company culture is very positive and team-oriented, and the immense growth trajectory provides virtually uncapped opportunity for upward mobility upon proving merit.
Tides Equities is seeking an experienced real estate professional with hands-on multifamily real estate experience to aid in the successful growth of the current portfolio of 32,000+ value-add multifamily units. Frequent visits to properties will be required, most of which will be in Texas, Nevada, or Arizona.
The Senior Asset Manager will work in conjunction with the Executive Team to develop and carry out a comprehensive business and management plan for the firm’s portfolio. This includes all aspects of property life cycles such as acquisition, normal operations, renovation, capital expenditures, market conditions, and all day-to-day management.
This individual must possess operational and capital budgeting experience and be an excellent interpersonal communicator. In this hands-on role, the Senior Asset Manager will periodically inspect properties to ensure top-tier quality, and ultimately, investment performance. The Senior Asset Manager will collect, understand, and maintain market data info to inform pricing and investment decisions.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain comprehensive oversight of the firms’ assets. Create and implement business plans and objectives, marketing, leasing, and renovation plans along with operational and capital improvement investment strategy for each asset, including budgets, forecasts, monthly performance reports, timelines, and management plans.
- Closely monitor all elements of financial performance; analyze financial statements and make necessary operating adjustments.
- Monitor NOI, cash flow, and progress toward achieving leasing and income goals.
- Prepare reporting for ownership, lender, and management.
- Compile periodic and regular market and demographic reports.
- Conduct site inspections, monitor competition, and market conditions; develop, recommend, and implement value-add action plans; supervise the planning, budgeting, and control of capital expenditures.
- Strategically evaluate and make recommendations on any new value add opportunities at each asset to optimize investment returns. Work closely with the construction team to oversee effective execution of capital and business plans.
- Manage and coordinate day to day maintenance for the portfolio.
- Support senior management in monthly, quarterly and/or annual financial review, budgets, business plan execution and portfolio analytics.
- Assist in due diligence, providing underwriting assumptions, financial analysis, and transition of acquisition properties, which requires discipline, a high degree of organization and strong analytical skills.
- Negotiate and/or manage the contractual relationship with any vendors involved with the execution of the business strategy at the asset.
- Oversight and review of annual budgeting process.
- Provide oversight on preparation of property-level business plans and budgets; analyze property performance relative to business plan targets.
- Visit/travel to all properties within the portfolio to oversee the execution of operations, and property management.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with property management teams.
- Oversight of periodic summary reports and property status reports, meeting established deadlines.
- Presentation of portfolio performance and KPIs to ownership and/or advisory committees as needed.
- Collaborate with various team members on underwriting and due diligence efforts for potentially diverse new investment opportunities.
- Attract, train, and retain team members for a growing platform.
- Assist teams in continually evolving operations processes, programs and systems aligning with the company’s ability to scale in growth.
- Develop positive working relationships and partnerships both internally and externally.
- 7+ years of real estate experience asset managing multifamily.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, finance, or real estate.
- Must possess strong financial analysis skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel, and demonstrated ability to analyze and implement complex financial models and structures and evaluate corresponding risks.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage varied and constantly changing workload in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to set personal and project-specific priorities, be highly organized in day-to-day and longer-term planning and execution, and track and maintain complex schedules.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including comfort in being the “face of the company” with industry professionals.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide mentorship to analysts and associates.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex documents and respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries, and to negotiate and interface with a diverse constituency.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Compensation will vary based on candidate experience