PALISOCIETY | PURCHASING MANAGER (DESIGN)
Palisociety is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join our design team.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that aim to enhance the lives of our guests and our communities by creating one-of-a-kind, neighborhood-centric places filled with interesting people and friendly staff providing trusty service. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when traveling – and seek to bring that inspiration into everything we do…
Palisociety is a fully integrated hospitality company that acquires, designs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences across the country under four distinct monikers: Palihouse, Palihotel, Le Petit Pali, ARRIVE by Palisociety and a collection of independently branded properties. The company’s proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars, and event venues. Palisociety properties have been featured on Condé Nast Traveler’ Hot List, Travel + Leisure IT List, and more, with accolades from the New York Times, Architectural Digest, Wallpaper* and countless others. Avi Brosh founded Palisociety in 1998 in Los Angeles. For more information, visit www.palisociety.com or follow.
Palisociety is seeking an experienced purchasing specialist to function as the premier in-house purchasing manager within our design & development department. The ideal candidate has a successful record of managing all phases of the purchasing process, from creating forecast budgets to procurement, tracking of items and installation. This Individual will work under the direction of Palisociety’s Founder/CEO/Creative Director, the Principal of Real Estate + Development, and the Vice President of Design & Development. Experience in hospitality design is highly preferred.
TASK AT HAND:
- Establish and implement purchasing policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors.
- Establish and update an approved vendor/supplier database.
- Build and maintain positive, long-term supplier relations.
- Research and compare suppliers, goods, and services.
- Select the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost-efficiency.
- Monitor inventory levels and determine purchase timing and needs.
- Request cost proposals, prepare purchase orders and negotiate contracts and prices.
- Ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints.
- Facilitate vendor correspondence throughout production.
- Maintain FF&E status sheet and report regularly to Design Team
- Maintain record of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts, and payments
- Develop and manage purchasing budgets and project draws with daily maintenance and upkeep.
- Schedule purchase deliveries and coordinate building arrangements
- Coordinate workroom pickups and all shipments in general as necessary
- Field and record all warehousing receiving reports and coordinate damage claims, repairs, replacements, as necessary.
- Able to provide delivery and installation paperwork to warehouse.
- Troubleshoot cost, quality, and delivery concerns.
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery, and supply of purchases.
- Onsite in-person installation support as necessary
- Post installation FF&E punch list follow up and coordination.
- Ability to travel for project related purposes, as needed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and diligence
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company
- Ability to manage challenging situations, tasks and timelines with tact, grace, and style.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with co-workers, departments, and business units.
- Motivated to generate results.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening, hearing ability and visual acuity.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. 401(k) retirement plan (future you will love this one!)
- Paid time off, holiday pay, and sick pay when you’re under the weather.
- Career advancement in an organization committed to helping star employees thrive.
- There’s also an opportunity to expand your career trajectory as we are a fast-growing company with hotels and restaurants in multiple cities.
- Professional development that sets you up for success across multiple hospitality career paths.
- A collaborative work environment where your creative ideas can come to fruition.
- Amazing employee discounts on hotels and dining across our entire portfolio (18 hotels and more to come!)
- Hands-on training with a nimble team.
Palisociety is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Palisociety does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
For information on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”), and other California privacy laws, please go to the Palisociety Careers page at www.palisociety.com and www.arrivehotels.com to view the notice.
We are an E-Verify Employer
- Experience in hospitality design is highly preferred
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time up to four (4) hours and lift up to 35 lbs.
MORE ABOUT US:
ARRIVE by Palisociety is part of Palisociety, a fully integrated hospitality company that develops and operates unique hotels and residences across the country. In addition to ARRIVE hotels, we also operate Palihouses, Palihotels, Le Petit Pali, and an independent collection of hotels including Hotel Grand Stark and Silver Lake Pool & Inn. We strive to offer thoughtful, comfortable accommodations full of low-key luxuries and modern conveniences in the world’s most special neighborhoods. Our hotels and restaurants are filled with warm hospitality and friendly staff, so locals and visitors alike have meaningful and inspiring experiences.
We’re a family business founded in Los Angeles by CEO Avi Brosh in 1998. As we continue to grow and develop new hotels and restaurants, we’re always looking for spirited, hardworking, enthusiastic people that can join our team and grow with us!
For more information, visit lepetitpali.com or follow @lepetitpali
For more information, visit www.palisociety.com or follow @palisociety
For more information, visit www.arrivehotels.com or follow @arrivehotels