Los Angeles, United States
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
About Priceline-Agoda Global Partner Services:
What s better than representing ONE top-recognized brand in travel? Representing TWO, of course!
In 2018, the best-in-class hotel Market Management teams from Priceline.com and Agoda.com came together as one larger, new-and-improved team to better support our hotel partners. This collaboration between the two brands allows us to offer one streamlined technology connection with a single point of contact for worldwide distribution strategies. All roles within the Priceline-Agoda Global Partner Services team reports into the Agoda brand. Read on to learn more about working at Agoda!
Get to know our team:
Priceline and Agoda are travel booking platforms with accommodations at their core. As our accommodation partners are a key to our success, we work hard to ensure their success. That is why the Market Management team of Priceline-Agoda s Global Partner Services specializes in strategic account management. We serve as consultants, offering strategic advice on how best to excel on both Priceline s and Agoda s commercial platforms. We are direct contributors to what makes both companies market leaders; we understand accommodation needs and offer innovative solutions. From Bangkok to New York and beyond, the Agoda team has footprints in over 50 locations around the world. With the help of industry-leading technology, we work and collaborate globally to bring together the best ideas from diverse perspectives. The Market Management team invests in long-term relationships that spans borders and cultures and results in incredible value for Priceline, Agoda, our partners, and our customers.
As Market Manager, the key objective is to guide expansion of Priceline-Agoda s network of hotel partnerships and accommodation inventory supply through building, establishing and maintaining account relationships. The Market Manager leverages their experience in procurement, e-commerce, revenue management and the hotel/travel/hospitality industry, generally, in order to manage Priceline-Agoda s hotel market and market partnership-related functions. Additionally, the Market Manager is expected to identify trends, optimize pricing, ensure content competitiveness and identify and secure potential sources of supply to satisfy consumer demand on both Priceline.com and Agoda.com storefronts.
In this role, you ll get to:
- Build strong supplier relationships and convincingly explain the strategic benefits of the Priceline and Agoda programs to grow bookings, revenues and gross profit in assigned portfolio
- Suggest business solutions, based on data, to maximize Priceline and Agoda accommodation availability, content competitiveness and business growth for hotel partners
- Evaluate existing partnerships and determine actions to optimize performance
- Conduct ongoing reviews of production with participating hotels and continually present strategic recommendations using a consultative approach to optimize hotel conversion and assist partner hotels in maximizing their RevPAR via Priceline and Agoda products
- Identify, prioritize, negotiate, contract and onboard non-participatory hotels, ensuring favorable terms and conditions.
- Formulate project ideas, determine where opportunity exists and implement new approaches.
- Work in a data-driven environment
- Research and troubleshoot rate and availability issues preventing hotels from maximizing booking performance; e.g., problems with connectivity, rate mapping, extranet management, etc.
- Train and inform hotel partners on Agoda technologies, tools and models
- Use out-of-the-box thinking to develop and implement solutions to unique challenges
- Prepare presentations and materials
- Manage regular weekly/monthly supplier and internal reports
What you ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent, in any relevant field
- Minimum four years experience in hotel or travel industry, especially OTA channels preferred, but not necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence external / internal stakeholders
- Success in acquiring, mentoring & building long term customer relationships
- Ability to creatively think on the fly when negotiating with hotel partners
- A team player with a professional get it done attitude and work ethic
- Strong prioritization and planning skills; must be comfortable making trade-offs vs. trying to get it all done
- Strong strategic and data analysis skills
- Curiosity and an experimentation mindset
- Comfortable in two-way feedback culture
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Availability to travel up to 30% (for partner meetings/market visits and/or team meetings)