Do you want to help revolutionize a major industry? At Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW), you’ll have the opportunity to impact the future of real estate by developing innovative and engaging places that reinvent being together. Come join a team that builds excitement about working at URW. You’ll get to work with leaders who are passionate about tackling changing consumer behavior with innovative experiences. All this bold vision means the company culture embraces evolution and change. We believe there is no “perfect” candidate and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you’re passionate about URW and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
We are currently looking for:
Manager, Marketing – LAX Los Angeles International Airport
As Manager, Marketing, your primary objective is to manage the marketing function for LAX shops and restaurants to create and execute short- and long-term plans that drive sales, customer experience and NRI growth. In collaboration with the Director, Marketing, you will manage various marketing campaigns and initiatives including digital mobile ordering program, customer service, sales promotions, retailer relations, terminal redevelopments, grand openings, store openings, events, market research, social media and analytics.
Successful candidates will have strong overall marketing acumen and ability to develop and execute high profile projects from ideation to execution. Success in this role includes a project management skillset, a self-starter mentality, and strong interpersonal skills. We are also looking for a candidate who can successfully navigate complex organizations and process requirements to achieve maximum results.
Candidates who are passionate about marketing, with great teamwork and collaboration skills, and who are excited by the opportunity to be part of a team that is building and shaping customer experience and innovation in airport environment are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing – LAX, key responsibilities of this role include:
- In partnership with the Director, Marketing, assist with the development of the marketing strategy and manage execution of the marketing action plan to drive sales performance.
- Support the ideation and manage the execution of strategic marketing partnerships with airlines, retailers, strategic partners and key stakeholders that will ultimately drive terminal sales and elevate the customer experience.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure marketing programs support key airport milestones (ex. groundbreakings, store openings, special projects, redevelopments, store openings, etc.).
- Work effectively and efficiently with internal and external agencies and manage vendors to meet agreed upon goals.
- Work as an integral member of the airports marketing team to achieve marketing goals.
- Manage marketing program budgets, vendor/contract set up and payments to meet expectations set by the Director, Marketing.
- Develop and deliver marketing presentations, recap reports and support documents for a variety of audiences regarding marketing programs, projects, and other ideas to support the business objectives of URW Airports and airport clients.
- Manages brand identity and campaign creative process including development of creative briefs and collateral spreadsheets for marketing campaigns, advertisements, collateral/signage, digital promotions, etc. This includes campaign concepting, copywriting, image selection, QR code creation and coordination of photo/video shoots as required.
- Manages graphic designer developing production schedule, coordinates creative reviews and approvals and manages printer production/installation of materials in-terminal. Distributes materials in-terminal and regularly spot checks overall presentation of marketing programs to ensure performance and quality.
- Develop and manage consumer and employee facing digital marketing initiatives including mobile order websites, employee text messaging program, and digital tools to drive awareness and conversion.
- Support new product launches and manage implementation of digital marketing campaign roll out including retailer training/onboarding, beta testing and operationalizing/stabilization of program.
- Develop and launch in-terminal customer-facing tactical initiatives to drive success of digital program including promotions, incentives, gift with purchase, and more.
- Regularly tests product features, marketing messaging, collateral, promotional plans, etc. to optimize sales, retailer, and product performance. Consolidate and report findings on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with IT/Digital, operations, retailers, and key stakeholders to ensure all tasks are covered in a fashion that meet expectations, timelines, and budgets.
Social Media & Content Management
- Create and manage marketing calendar, ensuring content and promotion is timely and to a high standard.
- Create, organize, and manage a digital library of content including digital menus, product and store photos, operational information, and regularly ensure content is maintained and updated across all customer-facing touchpoints.
- Develop and coordinate social media content and posts to support the marketing calendar promotional schedule to include sales promotions, deals, and key airport information to engage audience and boost awareness and drive conversion.
- Develop, manage, and track digital advertising by utilizing channels to connect with target audience, developing creative approach, trafficking creative to partners, and tracking success.
Retail Management, Training and Customer Service Initiatives
- Create and maintain relationships with agency partners, operations management, retail associates, and business partners, becoming the first point of contact for any issues.
- Partners with retailers to develop seasonal sales and promotions, special menus, and digital sales promotions designed to drive sales.
- Coordinate retail partner communications and meetings to provide marketing updates, introduce new marketing programs and opportunities, etc.
- Manage customer service program ensuring key stakeholders including retail associates and managers are engaged. Includes organize and execution of meetings, training programs, retailer outreach, customer service taskforce, etc.
- Creates and executes locally relevant employee programs (i.e. employee menus, text mobile club, sales driving incentive programs, job fairs, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service to customers/associates when issues and questions come up, becoming a regular resource and support to team members.
Market Research & Analytics
- Partner with retailers to understand business needs, sales trends, and customer behaviors.
- Oversees marketing initiative performance by tracking wins, losses, and measuring success through data, marketing analytics, and metrics.
- Develop and manages the implementation of on-site market research on an as needed basis.
- Coordinates with Data & Insights team research needs and recommends appropriate marketing strategy and tactics based on insights
- Research trends within the shopping/dining/airport/travel industry and stay on top of industry best practices, ASQ/ACI data, etc.
Competencies & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of full-service professional Marketing experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical capability, ability to read and interpret data
- Understanding and ability to apply best practice marketing/retail trends and marketing communication principles
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines, schedules, and budgets
- Exceptional communication skills, clear, concise, and professional representation
- Creative and well organized
- Demonstrated team player
- Typical 40-hour work week schedule with the ability to work additional hours as assigned including weeknights and weekends.
Annual Salary Range
$75,000 – $90,000 + Discretionary Bonus
What is important to us
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is driven by an entrepreneurial foundation of talented and ambitious employees who embrace change, strive for innovation, and know when to venture into uncharted terrain. Teams within URW are collaborative and thrive by working together to seize opportunity and solve challenges. Employees receive mentorship and guidance while being empowered to drive their initiatives, embracing their individuality and unique backgrounds. URW‘s flagship destinations are interwoven into the community fabric, and we give employees the power to be impactful in their work and lead meaningful change in our communities through volunteering, DE&I programming and leading ESG efforts. URW is an innovator and trend setter in experiential entertainment and is making bold moves to be a brand that creates inspiring consumer experiences in-person and digitally. Breaking beyond conventional beliefs, URW is surprising and delighting customers by reinventing being together and creating memorable moments.
Our company purpose – to Reinvent Being Together – is about reimagining how individuals and communities come together, socialize, and enjoy dynamic experiences alongside one another in entirely new ways. We are at our best when we are TOGETHER safely and joyfully.
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience, and skills. We believe that diversity plays an important part in the success of our business, and we are committed to creating an environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s differences.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Join us to Reinvent Being Together.